Northrop Grumman Principal Systems Administrator/ Sr Principal Systems Administrator-TS/SCI clearance required in Aurora, Colorado
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Do you want to work at an international company with endless opportunities for growth and advancement? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will define what's possible?
We are looking for team members who want to solve interesting, complex problems, which protect our nation. Your talents and passion are most important to us. If you don't know a language, program, or platform, we will teach you! Become a part of our enthusiastic teams where we have fun working together and take pride in our contributions to the nation's safety.
An RGE System Administrator has to be a 'jack of all trades' and has to be very flexible and versatile with regards to a steady regiment of wildly different tasks. Positive attitude is a must and a strong desire and ability to see an issue, research it, and solve it. RGE has a massive amount of projects ahead and needs solutions solved and documentation written with a real-time objective of cranking out entire systems - start to finish - for our customers. We are in the planning and development stages of a new contract that requires forward-thinking planners and solutions using today's best practices on many levels.
• Collaborates with engineers, project managers, users, and InfoSec stakeholders to determine current/future needs/requirements.
• Ensures data integrity by evaluating vendor products, proposing, implementing and maintaining software and hardware solutions
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal Level or a Sr. Principal Level.
Principal Systems Administrator: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, with 6 years of related experience in systems administration; 4 years with a Master's degree; 2 years with a PhD; 10 years of related experience in lieu of a degree
Sr Principal Systems Administrator: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, with 10 years of related experience in systems administration; 8 years with a Master's degree; 6 years with a PhD; 14 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
Can implement critical Configuration Management solutions
Devise solutions to complex problems and work with minimal direction or oversight
Advanced Linux Administration (Red Hat/CentOS, kernel tuning, clustering, etc.)
Demonstrated understanding of and experience building large, integrated hardware systems from bare metal (racking, cabling, powering, initializing
Experience with distributed version control systems (e.g., Git, Bitbucket) and automation Configuration Management tools experience (e.g., Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
Virtualization experience (VMware)
Experience with Licensing
Experience with Kickstart-type solutions
Experience with Domain Controllers and Windows Server 2012/2016 and Windows 10
Experience with Splunk logging
Experience with WebInspect and AppDetective and Docker
TS/SCI clearance required
· Can research a host of issues and develop practical solutions
· Supports the integration and test of hardware, software, subsystems, and
· Recommends and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system; including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
· Experience with McAfee
· Creation and maintenance of administrator and user accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space, providing backup recovery.
· Experience with installing, configuring, patching, IA/Security hardening and tuning, and monitoring of enterprise-level variants of Windows and/or Linux systems)
· Demonstrated understanding of and experience with virtualization technologies, including VMware and GPU-based applications within a virtualized environment.
· Familiar with updating Windows WSUS regarding monthly patching and virus scanning.
· Creation and maintenance of administrator and user accounts, maintainingsystem documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space, providing backup recovery.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology