Google Analytics Manager, gTech Users & Products in Boulder, Colorado
- Master's degree in engineering or technical/scientific field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant experience on analytics teams, management consulting team or corporate strategy team for a technology firm.
- Experience in one or more programming languages (Python, Java, C++, Ruby, Perl, etc.) and analysis tools (R, Pandas, etc.).
- Graduate degree from business school with a technical Bachelor's degree or knowledge of technology.
- 5 years of experience building and managing an analytics team.
- 3 years of industry experience in a consumer-internet, web analytics, or closely related analytics role. Software, Internet and/or media industry experience.
- Experience writing and maintaining ETLs which operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources.
- Data analysis skills in a business context with demonstrated success in presenting large datasets in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action. Basic scripting skills in either Python or R.
- Demonstrated ability to work and incorporate feedback from stakeholders. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
At gTech’s Users and Products team (gUP), our mission is to help users get the most out of Google. We represent the voice of Google's users and many of our partners globally, sharing insights with the larger Google organization to enable exceptional customer and product experiences.
gUP builds innovative solutions that take user experience and engagement with Google to the next level, supporting users across products, countries, cultures, incomes, and identities. We advocate for users through partnerships with product areas at Google (and some Alphabet businesses), supporting Google’s consumer products ecosystem and enabling numerous launches for Google’s consumer products each year.
We are committed to building an ever more diverse, equitable, and inclusive gUP, and consider this the foundation upon which individual, team, and user success are built. We're also committed to innovation not only in the content of our work, but in the way we work. Check out this blog poston our Chameleon program.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of solution-oriented trusted advisors support millions of customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.
- Grow and lead a team of analysts focused on carrying the users voice for flagship Google products (Apps, Photos, Gmail, Google Fi, etc.). Lead analytically-driven problem-solving to develop actionable business insights and recommendations.
- Work closely with gUP Product operation teams to launch new products and generate insights that improve users support outcomes.
- Identify and define the right metrics that quantify the success of product support initiatives, users engagement.
- Apply your expertise in data analytics and visualization to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users are affected by business initiatives.
- Help the team do deep analysis using any and all tools in your toolset including collaborating internally with partner analyst teams (data engineering, research and science, and operation analytics).