Google Android Engineer, Nest in Boulder, Colorado
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Palo Alto, CA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With hundreds of thousands of Nest customers touching our apps daily to make their homes and their families safer, more comfortable, and more energy efficient, every member of our team has an opportunity to make a big impact and know that the apps they develop will receive lots of visibility, both internally and externally.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Work with a team of Developers to design user experiences and build applications for Android devices.
- Participate in scrums consisting of cross-functional teams, in both software and hardware groups.
- Ensure that features are being delivered efficiently and on-time.
- Participate in architectural review and design, and code contribution.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of programming experience.
- 2 years of experience shipping mobile software for Android.
- Experience developing and growing usage of successful Android, iOS, and Web apps.
- Knowledge of Android and/or WebKit.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Passion for technology and technical depth to uncover root causes of complex technical problems and provide guidance on solving them.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.