Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Associate Engineer-Systems Test (663860) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Associate Engineer - System Test
What You'll Do:
- Work in a fast-paced team environment assisting test engineers to integrate and test spacecraft and instrument hardware.
- Write, review, update, and implement test procedures as required.
- Use test and measurement equipment to test and troubleshoot spaceflight hardware.
- Maintain required test engineering logs, records and provide input to test summary reports.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Knowledge and test experience using test automation applications and tools such as LabVIEW is desirable.
- Experience in the testing of space-flight instruments and/or spacecraft or related electronic and electro-mechanical components and systems is desirable.
- Candidate should have good interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment.
- Candidate should be proficient in MS Office tools.
- Applicants selected may be subjected to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Space or military experience highly desired, but not required.
- Current security clearance preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Associate Engineer-Systems Test (663860)
Job ID: 663860
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time