Google Data Analyst, Users and Products in Boulder, Colorado
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in an analytical field such as mathematics, physics, statistics, computer science, engineering, operations research, economics, etc.
- 2 years of relevant experience at a management consulting firm or on a corporate strategy team for a technology firm.
- Experience with one or more programming language (Python, Java, C++, Ruby, Perl, etc.) and analysis tool (SQL, R, Pandas, etc.)
- MS or other advanced degree in engineering or technical/scientific field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of industry experience in a consumer-internet, web analytics, or closely related analytics role. Advanced SQL skills and intermediate to advanced scripting skills in either Python or R.
- Software, Internet and/or media industry experience.
- Experience writing and maintaining ETLs which operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources.
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills and impeccable business judgment.
- Data analysis skills in a business context with demonstrated success in presenting large data sets in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action.
At gTech’s Users and Products team (gUP), our mission is to help users get the most out of Google. We represent the voice of Google's users and many of our partners globally, sharing insights with the larger Google organization to enable exceptional customer and product experiences.
gUP builds innovative solutions that take user experience and engagement with Google to the next level, supporting users across products, countries, cultures, incomes, and identities. We advocate for users through partnerships with product areas at Google (and some Alphabet businesses), supporting Google’s consumer products ecosystem and enabling numerous launches for Google’s consumer products each year.
We are committed to building an ever more diverse, equitable, and inclusive gUP, and consider this the foundation upon which individual, team, and user success are built. We're also committed to innovation not only in the content of our work, but in the way we work. Check out this blog poston our Chameleon program.
As a Data Analyst, you’ll be working hands-on with Product, and Operations data, identifying the underlying drivers of the data, using that knowledge to make predictions, and provide strategic recommendations. You will need to exhibit a strong combination of analytical prowess, technical aptitude and business judgment. You will be expected to focus on results, be a self-starter and demonstrate success in using analytics to drive the understanding, progression and excellence in product and operations.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of solution-oriented trusted advisors support millions of customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.
- Work on data modeling, metric development, data prototyping, and insight generation using statistical techniques (going beyond traditional business intelligence).
- Work with operations teams to identify where to focus their effort.
- Untangle ambiguous problems and find the insights that drive operational and product excellence.