Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer I-Software Quality Assurance (663959) -DOD Secret Clearance is required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
*Engineer I – Software Quality Assurance *
Perform assurance activities for software engineering design, systems analysis and design, software development, individual component level, sub-system level to system level test and integration, etc. for all phases, systems, programs and or products from less complicated, single focus activities to extremely complex and highly diverse activities.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in software design reviews, testing, configuration control, problem reporting & resolution, and change control.
- Audit, monitor, evaluate, and report on the software subcontractor activities. Advise and consult in order to ensure proper flow down of SQA requirements.
- Participate in applying and developing/maintaining quality and system protocols for software and materials into deliverable products and completed systems.
- Interface with software engineering, software configuration management, software process organizations, and systems engineering, taking an advising role as needed to complete tasks and to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Work as part of the software development team during all phases of the software lifecycle assessing the planning for and implementation of the software process for compliance with good engineering practices.
- Review software documentation to ensure program requirements compliance, adherence to company standards, risk mitigation, and completeness; tracking software related action items and change requests with metrics.
- Participating in the peer review process; effective test oversight; configuration control oversight; change control oversight; and performing periodic assessments of the software life-cycle activities
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 2 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A minimum clearance level of DOD Secret is required for this position.
- Complete understanding of industry and government specifications and standards and the requirements contained therein that guide the design, build, and test of software
- Strong understanding of Software Quality Engineering (QE) principles, tools, methods, and standards
- Willingness to take initiative, be able to complete tasks in a timely manner, possess good interpersonal and project management skills, have the ability to multi-task, plan, and be able to represent SQA in cross-functional meetings and to customers
- Record of high level of organizational and communication skills, and a capacity for attending to details
- Experience with the SEI CMM and ISO practices, IV&V;, software metrics, and software reliability
- Software related experience is required. Examples are:
- Witnessing FPGA burns
- Review/close out peer review records
- Attend/monitor peer reviews from a process standpoint
- Suggest/implement SQA process improvements
- Witnessing GSE/STE FQTs
- SW PD audits
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer I-Software Quality Assurance (663959) -DOD Secret Clearance is required
Job ID: 663959
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time