Google Information Technology Intern, Summer 2019 in Boulder, Colorado
Applications are now closed and will open November 2, 2018.
This program is designed to provide exposure to the technology industry for students who are historically under-represented in this field.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Ann Arbor, MI, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Seattle, WA, USA
Behind Google’s simple search box is one of the most complex technology infrastructures in the world. And behind that infrastructure is a diverse group of Googlers who design, build and keep the lights on for our users. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, hiring for a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We aspire to be an organization that reflects the diversity of our users globally.
With this in mind, Google announces our seventh year of our Information Technology Intern Program. Current students majoring in information systems, information technology, applied networking, system administration, and other majors with applicable experience are encouraged to apply.
This program includes front line internal user support - either in-person or remotely, a corporate engineering project, and skills-based training. We will have Information Technology Intern opportunities in 6 offices this year: Ann Arbor, MI; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL; Mountain View, CA; New York, NY; Seattle/Kirkland, WA.
We invite you to join us for the 2019 Information Technology Intern Program!
Technical support for a technology company is a big task. As a member of our Information Technology team you are the go-to person for Googlers' computer hardware and software needs, providing front line user support for all of Google's internal tools and technologies. You troubleshoot, respond to inquiries and find solutions to technical challenges. Beyond the day-to-day, you improve the Googler user experience by contributing to longer term projects and documentation efforts. You are highly technical and are comfortable problem solving with multiple operating systems (like OS X, Linux, Windows) and a range of devices (including desktops/laptops, phone systems, video conferencing and various wireless devices). You occasionally partner with various teams including security, networking and infrastructure. You're a fast learner and great communicator who can support the IT needs of global offices of all sizes and Googlers of varying technical backgrounds.
In little more than a decade, Google created one of the world's largest global computing infrastructures for both internal and external use. Chances are that we exceed every example of a "large installation" you have encountered in your experience as a network, systems or security professional. Using our unique technologies, along with open source tools, we keep Google's products and services running, robust and secure. Our objective is to create solutions that allow people to work and communicate in new and innovative ways – giving back to the world's technical community whenever we can.
- Provide support for desktops/laptops and user access to corporate network and applications both on the network as well as through remote VPN access.
- Assist with moving equipment and users.
- Provide support for services such as office phones, mobile devices, video conferencing and remote access.
- Provide basic corporate network infrastructure and server support.
- Provide direct support for Google's corporate resources and applications.
- Students must be available for the full-time 12-week internship program.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- Enrolled in a full-time academic degree program in one of the following majors: Information Systems, Information Technology, Applied Networking, System Administration, or other degrees with applicable experience.
- Experience working in an IT department or PC support, or in another technically-focused service environment.
- Experience troubleshooting applications in one or more of the following networked environments: Linux, Mac, Windows.
- Ability to configure, upgrade and relocate PC hardware, software and print devices.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN environments.
- Strong organizational, communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.