University of Colorado IT Helpdesk Coordinator in Boulder, Colorado
The IT Helpdesk Coordinator is a full time position supporting laboratory personnel with computer and other IT related issues.
As a member of the Helpdesk Team within the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics ﴾LASP﴿, the IT Helpdesk Coordinator has the following responsibilities:
• Provides support to laboratory staff, and other recognized users of the facility, in the use of supported software and hardware.
• Maintains accurate record of equipment allocated to staff and works with other LASP IT staff to ensure that the maintenance records are kept up‐to‐date. Coordinates annual deployment of PCs and laptops and handhelds ﴾PDA & Smartphones﴿ to laboratory staff.
• Maintains library of all implemented software and related licenses. Helps maintain loan library of portable equipment and software for the use of laboratory staff, recommending replenishment and replacements as required.
• Records and assigns problem requests to appropriate Helpdesk support staff for resolution. Provides immediate assistance, whenever possible, in resolving user problems. Coordinates prompt and efficient problem resolution, including some of the second line support functions within LASP IT as necessary.
• Escalates unresolved requests to the next level as required, ensuring that staff is informed, and advising the LASP IT Manager as required.
• Performs basic account administration duties and keeps track of all user profiles in the Helpdesk ticket system. Prepares documentation on Helpdesk procedures and ensures that it is kept up‐to‐date.
• Participates in the training of new staff, casual employees and consultants. Ensures compliance with ITrelated policies through the implementation of effective and efficient Helpdesk and/or IT procedures. Drafts communication to laboratory staff to advise them of system failures or problems, as necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience in professional systems administration
• Excellent and strong belief in customer service skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and varied user tools
• Working knowledge and experience with desktop computer hardware with experience in ordering and configuration
• Strong ability to handle multiple and concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions while maintaining professionalism, accuracy, and efficiency in each task
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents by apply.
• Any familiarity with PowerShell, sh/bash/tcsh. Python, and/or Perl
• LANDesk administration skills or experience is a plus
• In depth experience in administration of at least two of the following:
Mac OS X Sun Solaris 9 and 10
L i n u x
• Experience in any automated software deployment methods
Organization: *B0001 -- Boulder Campus
Title: IT Helpdesk Coordinator
Requisition ID: 13882