Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Project Engineer II - Mission Assurance Manager (664654) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Project Engineer II - *Mission Assurance Manager*
Perform the project engineering and management required to execute the Mission Assurance (MA) baseline. The MAM is responsible for identifying risks and threats to a successful mission for programs. In this capacity, the MAM is responsible for the planning, delegating and the delivery of all MA-related artifacts on the program. These analyses ensure that the design has sufficient performance margins, failure-recovery capabilities, resiliency, and high pedigree upon test-completion, such that mission success is achieved.
What You’ll Do:
- Prime responsibility is to ensure that the assigned program(s) is planned and executed to meet Mission Assurance (MA) requirements using standard processes. This is accomplished via execution of program-unique Mission Assurance plan(s) through each of the assigned MA functional disciplines.
- Responsible for receiving (e.g. customer contract, MAR, TOR), clarifying, negotiating, decomposing, allocating (via subcontract SOWs, SMAS and support to EDTS) and ultimately verifying compliance to all assurance-related contractual customer requirements on a program, through delegation to a team of Systems Assurance subject matter experts.
- Responsible for planning, developing and delivering all MA-related CDRLs or SDRLs per the SOW and contract on the program.
- Involved in all project decisions regarding Quality Assurance from project initiation through final delivery.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and reporting all risks to the “mission” (current and residual) on the program, including those that result from failures and deviations, to the prescribed risk threshold.
- Must be capable of planning and establishing derived requirements with or without customer specifications for successful Mission Assurance efforts and tasks on space programs containing electronic, electrical, optical, software, and mechanical subsystems.
- This position requires:
- Providing effective Mission Assurance discipline expert oversight and direction.
- Active participation in design, production/test readiness, and other reviews and audits with the ability to make risk-informed decisions for Mission and Quality Assurance.
- Taking a lead role in the identification, mitigation, and communication of Mission Assurance drivers and risk.
- Present information and communicate effectively with Program Management, Executive Leadership and Customers.
- Providing leadership for Failure Review Board activities.
- Maintaining a collaborative and informational-based relationship with customer counterparts.
- Foster trusted advisor relationships with Program Management, other program team leads, and on-site customers as required.
- Developing and maintaining metrics to measure levels of task activity progress and product quality.
- Efforts will involve scheduling, budgeting, and milestone monitoring as well as reviewing technical reports to assure technical and contractual compliance.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 12 or more years of related experience.
- Must possess an understanding of the driving factors and benefits of implementing sound programs in Reliability, EEE Parts, System Safety, and both Hardware and Software Quality Assurance.
- Experience should include direct program Mission Assurance assignments with individual technical contributions.
- Experience base must also include an equal distribution of program assignments on program life cycle phases from planning, conceptual thorough detailed design, fabrication, integration, test, delivery, to deployment and program closeout.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and be able to effectively work with people at all levels.
- Requires excellent negotiating skills and demonstrated skills in team leadership.
- Some moderate travel may be required.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Project Engineer II - Mission Assurance Manager (664654)
Job ID: 664654
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time