Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Satellite Ground Software Engineer II (663854) - Security Clearance Required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Satellite Ground Software Engineer II
What You´ll Do:
- Design, develop and implement both application level and backend satellite ground software for aerospace, avionics and related tactical systems.
- Perform full software life cycle functions including software requirements definition, top-level architecture, software design, code, test, integration and documentation.
- Lead a team of ground software developers, including task planning, technical leadership and mentoring.
- Maintain a regular and predictable schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, on programs and within the company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform technical leadership roles and duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree and/or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI Required.
- Experience with complex satellite ground systems, particularly mission planning, command and control, and mission data processing functionality.
- Experience with ground system architecture, interfaces, protocols (CCSDS), etc.
- Experience in designing, developing, and testing software for operational systems using programming languages such as Java, C++, Ruby/Python and custom ground system languages/applications (COSMOS, OS/COMET, OASIS, ECLIPSE, etc.)
- Experience with using cloud based system and virtual machines in ground system architecture desired.
- A working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and activities in each phase.
- Experience with formal software development practices including the use of software version control, coding standards and style guides.
- Good communication, presentation and team skills.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Satellite Ground Software Engineer II (663854) - Security Clearance Required
Job ID: 663854
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time