Lockheed Martin Senior Software Engineer in Boulder, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The SBIRS team within Lockheed Martin SSC’s Mission Solutions business area is looking for Software Engineers as part of our provisioning team.
The responsibilities of this role include:
• Support program development provisioning projects – design, develop, implement. May include support to proposal activities
• Participate in the implementation, maintenance, and support of information technologies
• Schedule and perform installations and upgrades to automated deployment of OS/COTs, software, and database packages in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
• Create plans to conduct regular provisioning intervals while mitigating impacts
• Coordinate the overall integration on new development systems as they transition to sustainment
• Manage appropriate software solutions to ensure server data integrity, monitoring and tuning the system to achieve optimum performance level, monitoring security alerts and application systems, and working with other staff to ensure that all appropriate patches are applied in an automated and timely fashion
• Apply cyber security standard methodologies to ensure high compliance status is met
• Troubleshoot and tackle any issues related to these software installs
• Maintain and develop documentation as necessary
• Perform periodic COTS assessments to determine continued compliance, usage, and needs
• Fix any issues and provide support across the Information System
• Ability to work effectively and productively in a team environment.
This position is in beautiful Boulder, Colorado location which has numerous amenities such as a fitness center, daily rotating food trucks, and a collaborative and modern agile workspace.
To be successful, you will typically have 5-9 years of professional experience and a Bachelor's degree.
• Proficient in Unix and/or Linux systems administration/engineering
• Experience in provisioning tools.
• Active DoD Secret security clearance
• Chef experience
• Familiarity with cybersecurity practices (virus protection, applying vendor critical patches, system accreditation, etc.)
• Scripting experience with Ruby and/or Perl
• Meet DOD 8750 requirement (minimum Security + or equivalent certification)
• Proficient in VMWare or other virtualization platform experience
• General understanding of GIT, Jenkins, ClearQuest and/or ClearCase (any or all)
• Experience with Database installations or configurations LDAP (or similar) administration experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.