Ricoh Americas Corporation Solutions Support Specialist in Boulder, Colorado
Provides I/T services in a billable project / engagement or providing technical support in a sales organization. Advises others and assumes a technical leadership role in support of the solution construction, implementation, and system integration in a technology or industry specialty. Delivers high quality solutions to clients in response to complex business requirements. Performs many assigned technical tasks including study, analysis, design, programming, product installation, test and system integration. Has in-depth product-, technology-, or industry-related specialized skills and is a strong technology or industry leader working with proposals, requirements, design, implementation and production projects / engagements. May design and develop the tools and methodologies used to manage, analyze, design and implement technical solutions. Limited direction. Receives little instruction on day-to-day work, and general instruction on new assignments. Work evaluated upon completion
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical advice to project managers and team leaders, and gives technical direction to team members including company, subcontractor, or client personnel.
- Often balances technical work assignments, team members' technical skills and project / engagement / proposal risk while providing technical guidance to newer or less experienced team personnel.
- Advises other I/T professionals (Project Managers, I/T Architects, and I/T Specialists) on tools, technology, and methodology related to the development and implementation of I/T solutions.
- May be asked to research special topics as part of team responsibilities.
- Leads analysis, problem-solving, and evaluation activities on special technical topics related to project / engagement / proposal objectives.
- Often leads implementation or technical support activities. This includes leading all or portions of the implementation project throughout the project / engagement / proposal life-cycle, recommending team members and organizing the team, defining tasks, tracking and reporting progress, and delivering the customer solution on time and within budget
- May lead implementation in a small/medium sized project or be responsible for subsystem implementation in a large project
- Is accountable for quality and timeliness of technical solution that meets customer needs for teams led or departments managed.
- Failure to accomplish would normally have serious results and substantial additional resources to correct
- Regularly participates in overall functional planning. Identifies estimates and presents cost, schedule, and technical risks for solution elements, both in marketing and proposal efforts and in implementation planning.
- Works directly with most levels of customer managers and executives. Activities affect customer satisfaction. Provides technical leadership in the development of proposals, and hardware and software solutions selling.
- Has budgetary responsibility for medium to large project / engagement proposals. Advises clients in the analysis of business requirements and the selection of technical solutions for medium to large sized projects and participates in formulating a technical approach to integrate hardware, services, system control and application software into an information processing solution to meet significant, complex requirements.
- Leads in identifying new revenue producing product and/or I/T services opportunities regionally and assists in selling hardware and software products where appropriate.
- Provides the detailed technical knowledge in the sale of complex hardware and software solutions.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
Practical knowledge in troubleshooting problems in applications and operating systems
- Experience in writing batch files for Windows and shell scripts for Unix
- Experience in various operating systems like Windows, Unix, Linux -Knowledge of Ricoh Printing Systems software products focusing on Ricoh Process Director, InfoPrint Manager, WESS and third party transforms
- Ability to be Subject Matter Expert for customer briefings and teach in classroom atmosphere
- Experienced using of MS Excel including working with complex formulas
- Experience in product technical support
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working technical knowledge of data stream transform applications
- Technical Knowledge of data streams (AFP, IPDS, PS, PCL, PDF)
- Ability to adjustable your schedule to work and support other Ricoh technical personal worldwide
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and across department lines to resolve problems
- Knowledge of PSF/IPDS and Printer Connector
- Ability to provide 7/24 customer support coverage as required
- Ability to provide onsite customer support for POC as well as pre and post sales technical discussions
- Technical knowledge of Ricoh print servers (RPD, IPM, zOS including installing, configuration and troubleshooting )
- Trouble-shoot and resolve print quality issues
- Ricoh Continuous Forms hardware product knowledge
- Construct and manage Software/Hardware Workflows
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.