Google Visual Designer in Boulder, Colorado
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction, Graphic, Visual Communications, Product or Industrial Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience using HTML, CSS and photo editing software.
- Experience designing web-based products for consumer-oriented websites.
- Ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale within a user-centered design process.
- Ability to take initiative, adapt quickly to changing priorities and work with a high sense of urgency.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and grow relationships.
At Google, Visual Designers weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible. As a Visual Designer, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine the Google design language and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our multidisciplinary UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Design Google's consumer facing products.
- Create a look consistent with the Google brand.
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs.
- Present user interfaces with effective visuals, making them easy to read and understand.
- Market and promote products and features.