SAIC 3rd Shift Service Desk Technician in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
SAIC is hiring a 3rd shift Service Desk Technician to support HHS in Broomfield, CO.
• This job is the front line of contact for support with various technical issues and questions; supporting users via various channels such as telephone calls, chat, email, and online requests.
• The employee performing this job is required to communicate with the end user to diagnose, understand, isolate, and resolve a variety of issues dealing with hardware, connectivity, network infrastructure, computer systems, as well as proprietary and commercially available software.
• Provide front line technical support to local and remote users via calls, chat, email, and online support and service requests
• Utilize technical skills, historical records, knowledgebase, and other available tools to analyze and diagnose customer issues
• Support commercial and customer specific applications and software
• Support operating system and internet browser issues
• Support desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, scanners and other hardware
• Support wired and wireless network connections
• Support network infrastructure issues affecting end users
• Assist with password resets and account unlocks
• Assist with set up, installation, and configuration of hardware and software
• Diagnose, isolate, and resolve issues with network connectivity
• Create, edit, and update documentation, instructions, and knowledgebase articles
• Utilize an incident tracking system to create, work, and resolve tickets
• Clearly document description of issue and troubleshooting work done for escalation, review, and audit purposes
• Effectively determine when to escalate issues to specialist teams
• Provide excellent customer service to the end user
• Communicate with supervisors, peers, and end users to effectively solve issues
• Follow all company and department policies and procedures
• Additional responsibilities may vary depending on the contract and position
• Must have a High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of relevant work experience or an Associates and 1 year of relevant experience.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
• Must have at least one year of experience in a Support desk / customer service environment.
• Proven hardware/software troubleshooting experience
• Proven experience providing effective and professional communication
• Proven ability addressing technical issues via telephone, email, and chat
• Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service
• Experience with common software and operating systems
• Knowledge of IT support Best Practices
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Ability to follow procedures under stressful conditions
• Availability to work flexible hours in a 24x7x365 environment
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability