Honeywell Configuration Management Specialist - Honeywell Quantum Solutions in Broomfield, Colorado
Configuration Management Specialist - Honeywell Quantum Solutions
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Honeywell Quantum Solutions (HQS) is focused on developing the world’s most advanced quantum computers, with ‘full stack’ capability from user interface software to the hardware layer and trapped ions. Our premier team of scientists and engineers leverages expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, advanced optics and lasers, magnetics, cryogenics, atomic physics, and ultra-high vacuum environments to design and build systems with best-in-class performance in terms of both fidelity and qubit count. Honeywell believes quantum information systems will revolutionize the way many industries work. As a leading technology company, we intend to help shape the adoption and integration of those systems into the markets of our customers. We’re hiring the world’s best engineers and engineering support teams to make it happen.
HQS is looking for a highly qualified Configuration Management/Engineering Support Specialist (CMESS) to work on a variety of technical support tasks including configuration and data management, assisting with ordering and tracking material, lab setup and maintenance, and general organization. The ideal candidate will have experience with configuration management of both software and hardware products.
·Configuration Management (75%)
·Lead configuration and data management scope by working with the leadership and engineering teams to define and establish processes and procedures that meet stakeholder requirements.
·Coordinate data management needs and deliveries.
·Support baseline management, revision control, change control, tracking, and data delivery to stakeholders.
·Engineering Support Tasks (25%)
·Assist engineers and scientists with material ordering, tracking, and organization
·Perform capital equipment inventory and need assessment, as required by accounting and other functions, and provides suggestions for improved equipment utilization.
·Work with scientists and engineers to understand lab requirements; develop and execute plans
·Maintain and generate project files to track project metrics, inventory, incoming equipment tagging, etc. May generate and maintain project plans and assist in monitoring baseline changes.
·Identify common workflow problems and develop solutions
50 Configuration Management
50 Engineering Support Tasks
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years of experience in Configuration Management or Engineering Support
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen
- 5 or more years of experience in a configuration management role and 2-3 years in a production control role
- Experience with version control systems, source-management best practices and branching strategies
- Professional experience with standard configuration management tools such as PDM, Subversion, ClearCase (UCM or base), Gitlab, Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, and/or similar tools
- Demonstrated experience managing and tracking large procurements and material control activities
- Experience in both production and research/development settings
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and team skill
- Strong computer skills
- Familiarity with drawing tools such as LabView, OrCad, AutoCad, and/or Mentor Graphics.
- Literacy in MS Office
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, and be a strong team player with intelligent risk taking skills.
- Energetic self-starters interested in learning new skills and willing to take on new challenges.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req172803
- Category: Technology R&D
- Location: 303 S. Technology Ct., Broomfield, CO 80021 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.