Lumen Intern - Digital Marketing - Paid Search- Summer 2021 in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. As part of the Lumen’s Mass Market marketing organization, the social media, content and paid media teams are focused on delivering targeted, relevant, data/insight-driven, and value-add interactions that balance short-term revenue and long-term profitability. Our interactions build product and brand awareness, drive acquisition, connect our communities, and foster long-term customer loyalty and advocacy. This internship will take place in Broomfield, CO. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
Digital Marketing team runs Paid Search, Digital Display and Paid Social Media programs to generate Internet sales for Lumen. These programs are composed of dozens of little details that make up the overall picture, creative performance, publisher performance, offer performance, market performance, audience make-up, and much more. The Digital Marketing Intern’s role is to support the Digital Marketing team’s optimization efforts through research and analytics of these details.
PAID SEARCH PROJECTS:
• Paid Search keyword research. Dig into the daily/weekly/monthly performance of our paid search programs, finding keyword trends, poor performers, auction insight analysis and opportunities to test increased investment where needed.
• Paid Search competitive research. Seeing how our competitors are approaching our branded keywords, how they approach their own brands and monitoring fluctuations in competitive investment in our brand.
• Creative Analysis. Analyze creative performance and pull out trends and identify creative wear-out or underperformance.
• Market Analysis. Look at market-level performance at the DMA level to identify stronger and weaker markets for potential investment and optimization opportunities.
• Create weekly reports and readouts for ongoing tests
• Pursing a Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications.
• Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college; senior status at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2021).
• Ability to manage projects and build strong relationships with peers
• Must have strong presentation skills and the ability to present complex ideas clearly
• Previous experience analyzing data or reviewing results a plus
• Familiarity with social media marketing practices
• Familiarity with Google media platforms of SA360 (Google Search Console & AdWords)
• Familiarity with Google Analytics, as well as Adobe Analytics, Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager, Tableau
• Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies, tactics, and tools
• Familiarity with Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) strategies, tactics, and tools
• Familiarity with digital advertising principles
• Bonus: an online portfolio you want to share with us!
• Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe.
• Curious, quick learner, reliable and ready to work hard
• Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher preferred
• US Work Authorization required
Requisition #: 234071
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.