Honeywell Lead Systems Engineer in Broomfield, Colorado
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Honeywell Quantum Solutions is focused on developing the world’s most advanced quantum computers, with ‘full stack’ capability from user interface software to the hardware layer and trapped ions. Our premier team of scientists and engineers leverages expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, advanced optics and lasers, magnetics, cryogenics, atomic physics, and ultra-high vacuum environments to design and build systems with best-in-class performance in terms of both fidelity and qubit count. Honeywell believes quantum information systems will revolutionize the way many industries work. As a leading technology company, we intend to help shape the adoption and integration of those systems into the markets of our customers. We’re hiring the world’s best physicists and quantum engineers to make it happen.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The ACST organization within Honeywell has an immediate opening for a Lead Systems Engineer for our Broomfield, CO location. The candidate will join a dynamic and growing team of engineers and scientists to bring new systems and sub-systems from development to production for one of the world’s most power quantum computers. We are looking for a Systems Engineer with experience to support the life cycle of industry leading quantum computers including system-level trades, requirements development & flow down, system interface development, performance assessment, integration & test, verification, and validation. The desired candidate would have knowledge in Optics, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
· Experience with opto-mechanical, laser and electrical systems
· Understand, analyze, and manage complex customer requirements for electronic control system, mechanical, optical and quantum computer platforms
· Support a multi-disciplined engineering team through development and system integration of new products and sub-systems and ensure the highest levels of availability, performance and security
· Oversee the development and installation of new quantum computer hardware and software
· Install and configure operating systems and routinely monitor and test installed software/hardware for potential bottlenecks, identify viable solutions and work with developers to implement fixes
· Provide system level technical direction to the engineering team
· Write custom scripts to increase system efficiency and reduce the need for human intervention
YOU MUST HAVE:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum 8+ years of experience in a system engineering role
· Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen
· Master’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field
· Knowledgeable of electronics design engineering and worst-case design analysis
· Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis techniques
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· 15 years as a professional system engineer with extensive software and hardware development experience
· Experience with requirements management via Enterprise Architect
· Experience with MATLAB, C++ or related languages
· Proficient in Python
· Modeling and simulation experience
· Ability to build strong relationships and effectively partner with others
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary Range: $107,000 - $134,000
For benefits information please visit https://careers.honeywell.com/us/en/honeywell-benefits. Current employees may visit HR Direct.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.