Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Program Management Team Lead (664936) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Program Management Team Lead – Advanced Technologies & Missions
Lead a team of program managers focused on technology development, architecture studies, and hardware demonstrations. This position reports to the Advanced Technologies & Missions (ATM) business area, which develops future discriminators for our National Defense (ND) Strategic Business Unit.
What you'll do:
- Create the future of national defense programs at Ball, by developing our next generation of program managers and enabling successful programs to implement innovative concepts and technologies.
- Support ATM program managers in meeting cost, schedule, and technical commitments. Ensure ATM program management is consistent with Ball’s Program Management policy and processes.
- Manage a small group of program managers, including program assignments, mentorship, performance reviews, and staff development plans.
- Create advancement paths for program managers in ATM and throughout ND.
- Assess and communicate the needs of ATM programs to support organizations across Ball.
- Partner with the ND Director of Program Management Advancement to understand and adapt tools, processes, and training programs for ATM program managers.
- May be called on to manage ATM programs, including full responsibility for cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS/BA degree in a related field plus 12 or more years of program-related experience including design, production, test, and management.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance.
- Demonstrated experience in program management practices including: planning and budgeting, schedule development, staffing, change control, risk and opportunity management, earned value management, and communication.
- Commitment to creating an environment where developing program managers have the tools, support, and motivation to continually grow their skills.
- Passion for creativity and innovation in developing cutting edge concepts and technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Work may be performed in a laboratory or customer location (non-Ball locations).
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Program Management Team Lead (664936)
Job ID: 664936
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time