Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Project Controls Specialist (664294)-Security clearance required in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Specialist – Project Controls
Leads the Project Controls scheduling effort performing scheduling functions on aerospace and defense programs. Responsible for leading program planning and baseline development, resource loading of the schedule, baseline management and control, and with schedule status, analysis and reporting.
What You Will Do
- Recognized as BATC expert in Project Controls with responsibility for interfacing with customer and industry experts.
- Adheres to company policies/procedures related to Project Controls.
- Review customer contract and statement-of-work requirements and develop a plan to meet requirements. Communicate the plan to the program team.
- Create a schedule management plan to develop the schedule and document schedule assumptions and constraints.
- Implement the BATC Earned Value Management System Description and applicable Data Item Description (DID) requirements.
- Lead the program team efforts toward development of the Performance Measurement Baseline.
- Support development of programmatic opportunities/risks and their mitigation strategies. Provide inputs to risk manager.
- Lead implementation of a compliant EVM baseline for performance measurement purposes.
- Assist program team in development of CWBS, CWBS Dictionary, CWBS Index, OBS and RAM
- Assist CAMs/IPTs with Control Account planning and development for cost and schedule.
- Cross-reference the schedule with the SOW, WBS, OBS, and product structure.
- Determine tasks on critical path seem appropriate from a technical and risk standpoint.
- Assist with baseline earned value and schedule development and analysis.
- Support/lead CAMs in resource planning efforts. Ensure baseline dates meet contractual date requirements. Ensure budget aligns with schedule.
- Perform earned value and schedule analysis.
- Determine if schedule provides relevant and current status and forecast of completion dates for all authorized work and are aligned in the cost system.
- Perform EAC development and analysis.
- Perform fee accrual profitability analysis and recommendation.
- Create financial review packages for internal and external customers based on internal policies and procedures and customer SOW.
- Lead meetings and reviews related to program cost and schedule performance.
- Identify and support cost/schedule risk analysis and take any necessary corrective actions based on the results.
- Coordinate recovery planning, as needed.
- Support baseline change management.
- Support program proposal activity as needed.
- Support closeout activities related to cost and schedule
- Archive copy of final schedule.
- Archive final cost reports.
- Recommend and maintain any additional historical data bases pertinent to assigned business unit.
Additional Functions and Responsibilities
- Task and guide junior-level administrators/analysts when assigned to the same program.
- Ensure that programs are compliant with regulatory requirements and conducted in accordance with BATC best practices.
- Expert in management of programs including Earned Value Management.
- Ensure responsibility for the business aspects of programs.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of new or updated BATC policies and procedures.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS in related field plus 10 years or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Project Controls Specialist (664294)-Security clearance required
Job ID: 664294
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time