Cisco 1298638 Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer in Centennial, Colorado
* Selected applications must be a US Citizen and have a current Top Secret /SCI U.S. Government Clearance*
* Must live in Colorado Springs area or live within daily driving distance.*
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
What You’ll Do
As a Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer you will accelerate our customer's success and profitable growth for Cisco and our partners by delivering the best customer experience in the technology industry. You will Be Customer Obsessed and exceed the customer’s expectations by leveraging trusted expertise and understanding that as a team, we are Extraordinary Together!
The Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer (CE) is responsible for the support and delivery of Cisco Customer Experience (CX) Business Critical Services to Cisco's DoD Customers in the US Public Sector market. The CX CE performs and drives architectural discussions, high- and low-level design work, and integration / configuration engineering for complex IT infrastructure solutions. The CX CE assists customers with product and tool selection to ultimately impact the strategic direction of the architecture and customer’s success. Additionally, you will identify and document network/security/data center design and architecture best practices. In this role you will work with multiple Cisco technology solutions to include Data Center, Security, Routing and Switching technology platforms.
As a CX CE you will work closely with the account and customer success teams and help drive strategic initiatives focused on account growth-both the customer's long-term strategy. On a quarterly basis, you are expected to present overall status of projects and delivery as part of the Quarterly Business Review.
In an effort to diversity and build new skill sets experiences the CEs will also provide backup support on other strategic CX accounts. Engineers must demonstrate and generate applicable technical, standard methodologies, and white papers, support testing and validation of solutions and software strategies along with configure devices and troubleshoot errors.
In addition to an CX CEs day-to-day customer activities, training and mentoring other CX CEs will be required. CX CEs lead the responsibility for driving regional CX projects and customer-based project initiatives. CEs will actively lead complex network, security, and collaboration design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. CEs solve complex, multi-functional technical problems that cross boundaries over many disparate product technologies, showing the value of our services at all times.
Who You'll Work with
The Missile Defense Agency's (MDA) mission is to develop and deploy a layered Missile Defense System to defend the United States, its deployed forces, allies, and friends from missile attacks in all phases of flight.
This organizations require a forward-thinking, motivated, self-starting engineer with modern Cisco technology skills to provide expert design and implementation support to a large and high profile customers.
The Public Sector Customer Experience (CX) involves helping to craft the customer's vision for their network and maintain a secure, state of the art environment that is second to none in terms of network up time and reliability. The qualified engineer in this account will be able to have an impact on this Federal Government customer and help them transform to meet the needs their mission today and tomorrow.
The Best in the Industry! The CX Public Sector DoD team is a team of leaders where we provide the leading solutions and architectures to our customers - along with cutting edge consulting to insure customer success. Our team members work cross-functionally and together to drive and deliver better business outcomes for our customers. As a company and a team, we know that our number one resource is our people and we invest the time and resources to insure personal and professional growth. We are One Team, One Fight, One Cisco!
Who You Are * A team player - a willingness to use your voice and share your unique thoughts and perspectives * A customer-obsessed engineer- focused on successful customer delivery, quality, and realization of customer outcomes * A desire to work for world’s best IT company * A relationship builder - able to develop excellent working relationships with customers, other customer delivery/sales organizations, & appropriate business units within Cisco * A self-starter - able to thrive in an unstructured environment (ex. You won't receive a playbook on how to do the job, expectations will be in a general/high level form)
- Have worked with Networking Protocols : OSPF, ISIS, BGP, LISP, VxLAN
- Experience working with Cisco Products: Variants of ISR routers, Nexus switches, Catalyst family and Variants of Cisco UCS, Wireless Controllers, Access Points, ACI, SD-WAN, DNA Center
Knowledge of one computer languages and programming (Java, Python, XML, RESTAPI) frameworks
Strong Cisco routing/switching skills, routing/switching protocols
- Virtualization (networks and servers)
- Strong understanding of customer security requirements to include DoD RMF process and STIG/SRG requirements
- Network design skills; examine requirements and provide solutions within the constraints specified. Follows the agile methodology for fast solution delivery, testing, and value realization
- Basic Cisco product/portfolio knowledge (does not include pricing, licensing, or ordering information)
- Leadership by example, showing others how to do it by being out front. Mentor/develop others
- Willingness to challenge institutionalized thought and provide new insights/ideas
- Ability and willingness to learn new emerging technologies to support future customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT Administration, IT Security, etc. preferred
- Presentation Skills: Executive level presentation skills, able to communicate complex solutions to non-technical audience successfully to help drive business growth and outcomes.
- Exceptional professionalism, outstanding communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills are critical traits.
- Be able to demonstrate their ability to lead or guide teams made up of Cisco, Customer and Partner members in the analysis and troubleshooting of complex network issues.
- Strong Cisco security solutions (ISE, ASA, FirePower, NGFW)
- Experience with Cisco DNA Center
- Ability to multi-task, self-start, work in a fast-paced team environment and work independently while maintaining exceptional communication skills.
- CCDE or CCDP certification
We are looking for one in any of the technical specialties below:
Route Switch: * Experienced in providing complex design recommendations integrating new features and new applications to Senior Leadership Teams. Advocate for the customer’s best interest and promote Cisco. * Have Route/Switch advanced knowledge and experience with the following areas: Cisco Routing & Switching Platforms, Campus Switching Platforms, IP Routing, Internetworking, LAN Switching, Multicast, Route Redistribution * Familiarity with features, examples include: BGP, ISIS, LISP, OSPF, QoS, Ipv6, IP SLAs, NetFlow
Software Defined Access: * Must have knowledge of Software Defined Networking and various Cisco components (Catalyst, DNA-C, etc.) that can deliver these capabilities.
- Good understanding of different routing protocols, including OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, RIP, BGP, Multicast, 802.11x CAPWAP, DHCP/DNS, QoS, MPLS L2VPN, L3VPN, IPSec, IPV6, SDA/DNAC, TrustSec, VxLAN, LISP, Cisco ISE, SD-WAN ACI.
- In-depth experience with different Cisco Products, including Catalyst switches, Wireless Controllers, APs ISR, ASR1K, Nexus switches, UCS, Cisco Firewalls.
- Good understanding of wireless technologies and different wireless platforms (e.g. Wi-fi 6, Cisco WLC, eWLC, ECA, Fabric enabled Wireless, OTT)
- Good understanding of Cisco campus fabric architecture, SDA, DNAC, ISE, TrustSec, LISP
- Knowledge of Clould networking technologies, like AWS, GPC, Azure, etc.
- DevOPs programming and scripting experience in Python and Linux is a p
Minimum Requirements * Selected applications MUST be a U.S. CITIZEN must possess at least Top Secret/SCI U.S. Government Security Clearance * 5+ years of experience as a network engineer supporting Cisco enterprise networking technologies and should have a deep understanding of data networks, and significant expertise with Cisco's routing and switching solutions * Travel up to 25% expected * CCNP Level Certification (in one of the following) - CCNP Enterprise (Preferred), Enterprise Infrastructure, Service Provider, and/or Security is required and must be willing to attain CCIE, CCIE is preferred * The Ideal candidate will reside within daily commuting distance to Colorado Springs, CO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.