Comcast Analyst 2, Compensation in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcomed!
Day 1 Benefits for New Hires!
Responsible for promoting and sustaining optimal sales performance and efficiency through the analysis and administration of sales compensation plans along with their associated systems, processes and procedures. Ensures division and region leadership have the reporting needed to better manage compensation trends and outliers. Provides analytical and statistical support and prepares the analysis of sales commission’s forecasts, reports, and analysis of variances versus budget/forecast. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Partners with Sales Channel teams to ensure all employees are receiving the correct compensation per the terms of the plan. Works with leaders to identify situations where employees are in unique pay situations.
- Manages, inputs, and audits all elements related to compensation including employee changes, compensation engine changes, and compensation questions
- Conducting ad hoc compensation analysis with presentation of findings/recommendations to sales leadership
- Ability to compile data and produce analysis from large databases
- Helps manage and build out compensation related databases
- Creates visualizations and interactive/action oriented reporting in systems such as Tableau
- Financial modeling using tools such as Excel (business cases, sales forecasts/budget, compensation performance, compensation strategy)
- Assists in the development and execution of sales tools, compensation platforms, and performance management tools
Please be advised that Core Responsbilities are general to this position code, but do not necessarily reflect exact scope.
**There are no inventory aspects that are required for this role.**
- Evaluates sell-out levels and make proactive recommendations to maximize revenue from available inventory and in a manner that serves clients’ needs.
- Conducts analyses of inventory, rate, and sales practices to develop sales product efficiencies.
- Works with and advises the Manager on weekly rate cards based on inventory skims.
- Collaborates with cross-functional management to develop, evaluate, and recommend technical and systematic procedures that make process flow more efficient for the organization as a whole. Identifies problems and recommends solutions.
- Partners with Sales Support Representatives to help facilitate the completion of accurate work. Provides oversight to overall sales support processes and offers necessary guidance.
- Assists with the training and mentoring of new and existing Product Support Analysts on all sales related procedures and paperwork requirements.
- Keeps abreast of sales strategies, trends, initiatives, and best practices within the Company and competitive landscape.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Must have creativity to come up with logical approach to solve new problems, and communication skills to explain/defend the recommendations.
- Must be self-starter who is comfortable working independently.
- Ability to work with all levels of leadership and frontline employees in the organization
- Needs strong influencing skills and ability to work in matrixed environment. Process improvement experience is preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, and visualization communications skills are necessary to interface effectively with management, co-workers and various other internal and external customers.
- Query experience is preferred with the ability to write: subqueries, join tables, case statements, cast data types and other functions.
- Experience with Tableau, Teradata, SQL, Alteryx, or similar tools is preferred. Strong Excel skills required (Pivot Tables and advanced lookup functions).
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer