Comcast Analyst, Data Science in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcomed!
Day 1 Benefits for New Hires!
Responsible for working cross-functionally to collect data and develop models to determine trends utilizing a variety of data sources. Imports, cleans, transforms, or manipulates data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes. Provides input into strategy, analysis methods, and tool selection. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Uses analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, extracting actionable insights using advanced statistical techniques such as data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics (e.g., predictive models, LTV, propensity models).
- Develops and executes statistical and mathematical solutions to business problems to support larger initiatives under the direction of senior team members.
- Produce analysis of historical patterns in customer behaviors and product performance from complex real-world behavioral data.
- Develop and deploy predictive models based on historical data that provide future predictions about customer behavior.
- Constructs forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on applying data science techniques to business data.
- Create deliverables and presentations that report methodology and results of analysis.
- Build customer centric models and optimization tools to support large scale projects that utilize online & offline data, structured & unstructured data, set top box data, and media/behavioral/attitudinal
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Master's Degree
- Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Science, Operational Research, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience.
Tableau and SQL Experience Preferred
Experience with Financial Forecasting Preferred
Additional experience with other statistical tools/languages a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer