Arrow Electronics Director, Information Technology in Centennial, Colorado
Director, Information Technology
● Develop large-scale plans based on organizational priorities, resource availability and functional objectives. Align IT operational processes with business needs. Provide leadership to managers, supervisors and professional staff. Ensure employees are positioned for success by providing guidance and championing performance and development opportunities. Oversee multiple functional areas of responsibility and disciplines globally. Execute and set the example of appropriate project management oversight by overseeing multiple projects in assigned area(s) of discipline.
● Demonstrate expert technical proficiency by providing high level technical guidance to internal clients and staff.
● Ensure budgets, resources and schedules meet corporate requirements and annual milestones by adhering to financial and budgetary standards. Demonstrate negotiation skills aimed at providing the best outcome for the business.
● Collaborate with multiple internal business partners to establish strategic plans, meet critical objectives and identify & solve issues.
● Manage relationships with several suppliers, outsource partners and vendors on a global basis. Provide management of key business relationships on a global scale with several suppliers, outsource partners and vendors to ensure organizational goals and needs are met. Exercise strong influential and persuasional position when making decisions on behalf of the organization.
● Provides leadership and direction through Senior Managers and Managers
● Is accountable for the performance and results of:
● A large, strategically important discipline in an extremely large market
● Related disciplines or a medium-sized function in a large market or medium-sized division
● A medium-sized discipline or department in a major region
● Adapts and executes functional or departmental business plans and contributes to the development of functional or departmental strategies
● Decisions are guided by functional strategies and priorities
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 12 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.