Lockheed Martin Senior Systems Engineer - Design Integration in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
FBM Reentry is searching for a Systems Engineer to join our exceptional team. In this role your responsibilities will include:
• Drafting, reviewing, and releasing requirements specification documents
• Supporting FBM-Reentry multiple requirements projects
• Coordinating regularly with the navy customer, co-contractors, and the FBM missile group
• Budget and schedule planning in order to maintain program objectives
We are looking for a colleague who demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a proven ability to interact effectively and build strong relationships with customers, management and peers. You should be someone who thrives in a dynamic, interdisciplinary environment where you will juggle multiple priorities and deadlines.
You would typically have a Bachelors degree and 5 - 10 years of professional experience, or a Masters degree and 3 - 5 years of experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
**** This position will be located in Centennial, CO. ****
• Experience in design integration/systems engineering and integration of Aerospace systems
• Working with multiple engineering disciplines to identify technical product characteristics
• Writing requirements documentation and coordinating release through approval process
• Managing schedule, budget, and resource constraints
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance
• Missile weapon specs and DOD/DOE requirements documents
• Government programs
• Familiarity with program and design review process (SRR, PDR, CDR, FRR, etc.).
• Cost Account Manager (CAM) or Sub-CAM experience developing Basis of Estimates (BOEs) or other budget proposals
• Proficient with MS Office Suite
• 5 years of experience in design integration / systems engineering and integration of Aerospace systems
• Active Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.