Lockheed Martin System Engineer Mechanical Integrator in Centennial, Colorado
Description: As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to join a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
For over 60 years, the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) team has supported the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic defense. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure. The FBM Program is experiencing significant growth, and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers while maintaining the technical requirements of the strategic deterrence.
Learn about the Trident II D5 Fleet Ballistic Missile. Lockheed Martin (LM) is looking for a dedicated Mechanical Systems Integration Engineer to become a member of the Missile Systems Engineering & Integration Team.
As a Systems Integration Engineer , you will serve as a key interface between the requirements, design, subsystem engineering, system engineering, and production teams!
In this role you will:
• Provide independent review and cross-program coordination to ensure subsystem designs are mechanically compatible
• Support Missile test activities at component manufacturers and the Strategic Weapons Facilities
• Drive anomaly investigations to closure
• Perform data reviews and provide feedback to test and integration teams
• Engage in travel and off-shift support
• Find opportunities for build flow and test efficiencies
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 1.1 million hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Knowledge of Systems Engineering processes and Systems Integration functions which may include:
a.) System trade studies and/or System modeling
b.) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
c.) System Integration, Test and/or Verification
d.) Test planning and execution with an understanding of all the interdependencies
e.) Design reviews
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
• 7+ years with spacecraft/missile design, development, integration, or test, with knowledge of space, missile and launch systems at the component through system level
• Skilled in Creo CAD modeling and CAD control
• Geometric Tolerancing and Dimensioning expertise
• System design and test experience with one or more subsystems or fields outside of Systems Engineering (e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, Propulsion, RF, Software, etc.)
• Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data
• Experience ensuring the physical and functional compatibility of hardware products throughout the full life cycle of the program
• Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) or Delegate CPE for mechanical structures or similar and Engineering Material Review (EMRB) experience; ability to interact with hardware CPEs and designers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
• Proven track record of good judgment and programmatic execution vital to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and tackle numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
• Proven track record to get results from teams without direct authority
• Shown behaviors of a systems problem solver; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to tackle very sophisticated problems and implement constructive change
• Active DoD security clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.