Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer, Entry Level in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We want you to support the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Program by joining the Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) team as a Systems Engineer. The SEIT Requirements and Verification team handles all System level requirements for the Trident II ballistic missile (commonly known as the D5LE missile), oversees interface definitions, plans and executes verification processes, and has fingers in every development project under the FBM Program. We have a Weapon System level view of the FBM Program with activities related to integrating the D5LE missile into the submarine weapon system, as well as supporting efforts to integrate missile subsystems into the flight vehicle design. You will play an integral role on this team by taking on the following key responsibilities:
• Develop/analyze/verify system level requirements and document & manage accordingly.
• Coordinate with customer and other contractors to execute verification analyses and tests.
• Organize/coordinate domain expert objective evidence creation and documentation.
• Organize/coordinate system level technical reviews.
Are you someone who can recognize issues and identify solution sets? Are you a clear communicator to all levels of management? Do you thrive in a dynamic team environment? If the answer is yes to all of these questions, then we would like to hire you for the SEIT team. Our new colleague will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to support working in a collaborative environment across a large multidisciplinary and geographically-diverse team. We want someone who is self-motivated and able to determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain a desired result.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Aerospace, Mechanical) or closely related field, or equivalent combination of education/experience
• Systems Engineering knowledge/experience (e.g., program planning, requirements development, systems test planning/execution, requirements analysis and verification, integration, design/requirements review coordination, etc.)
• MS Office software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and/or Project
• US Citizenship and the desire and ability to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance
• Experience with DOORs
• Experience with, or on, the FBM program, working with the Navy, or Submarine exposure is highly desired.
• Active Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.