Cardinal Health Customer Project Management Consultant in Colorado, Colorado
What Program and Project Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Cardinal Health's Program/Project Management is responsible for planning, developing, communicating, implementation, and evaluating programs that involve working with external entities and their corresponding resources as well as with the company's internal resources. May manage project and/or program managers within assigned program and/or project. Works within the constraints of budget, schedule, and scope while managing risk and ensuring adherence to established processes and methodologies.
The Project Management Consultant (PMC) is a manager-level position within the Optimization Services Consulting and Project Management Team. The PMC is anticipated to be deployed to billable customer projects 80% of the year (approximately 40 weeks) and may travel up to 80% of the time in support of customer projects. A PMC will provide oversight for and perform tasks associated with improving customer’s inventory management practices. Projects vary in length, from one week to greater than 12 months, and typically work is at the customer locations Monday through Thursday weekly. A key requirement for this role is to conduct business dealings with customers in a way that creates a superior customer experience, starting with initial introductions through project completion. Commitment to deadlines and outcomes is critical.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of project management concepts and principles.
Demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of relevant clinical processes and supply chain operations.
Create detailed project plans to include key milestonesandtask ownership.
- Independently manage multiple and complex implementation project plans at a hospital and system level.
- Facilitate strategic decisions to optimize implementation projects specific to the management of scope, financials, and schedule.
- Anticipate complex project risks factors in order develops mitigation strategies and plans.
Develop policies and procedures to achieve specific goals, which may be precedent setting.
Recommend new practices, process, metrics, or models, as needed.
- Serve as resource and mentor to less experienced Project Managers.
- Resolve conflicts acrossassignedproject team members without functional intervention.
- Influence and manageexpectations to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned.
- BachelorsDegreein related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 6+years experiencein related field preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or PMP Certificationpreferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office productsrequired.
- Must provide proofof, andmaintain current immunizations and obtain additionalimmunizations appropriate for the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions. Proofs must include: Hepatitis B, Influenza (current year), MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox), Annual TB/PPD (skin test), andTetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects.
Contribute to the development of policies and procedures.
Works on complex projects of large scope.
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives.
- Completes work independently and providesguidance on new projects.
- Acts asa mentor to less experienced colleagues.
- Providesguidance on overall project objectives.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.