City of Colorado Springs Airport Security Specialist in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview
Read why COS is 'One of the Best Places to Live *according to US News and World Report.'*
*Learn about the City of Colorado Springs as an employer and what our beautiful city has to offer as a place to live and work by clicking on the following links: *http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
https://coloradosprings.gov/sites/default/files/inline-images/candidateinfopacket6.26.17updated.pdf (Download PDF reader)
This information may change annually.
Airport Security Specialist
In this position, you will ensure compliance with all TSA (Transportation Security Administration) regulations pertaining to airport security. You will also maintain and supervise all badging operations and recordkeeping.
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Process fingerprint records; review background investigations; maintain appropriate sensitive and/or restrictive records; maintain and organize confidential information
- Update and write security amendments and security plan; review existing and new security directives; ensure compliance with federal regulations; and maintain various security department accreditations and programs
- Coordinate with TSA to process sensitive security information; disseminate information to air carriers and airport; and maintain and gather information for audits and inspections
- Conduct security training for airport personnel and tenants
- Serve as liaison with airport management, airline managers, TSA personnel, airport tenants, and various CSPD (Colorado Springs Police Department) divisions
- Serve as an Airport Security Coordinator (ASC) for the Airport
Supervise badging staff; ensure effective customer service We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
Knowledge of airport security standards, programs, and procedures
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Ability to develop, research, write, and edit security training materials
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Abillity to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing Successful candidates will have:
A high school diploma or GED supplemented by specialized training in current security office support functions and procedures
- One year of full-time experience in aviation security, airport operations, or a related field
- Possess, or obtain within one year of hire, Airport Security Coordinator Certificate Additional Information
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Please visithttps://coloradosprings.gov/jobs and click on ‘Apply for a City Career’ > ‘City Career Postings – Apply Now’ button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position’s closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the City’s job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions, go tohttps://www.coloradosprings.gov/human-resources/page/job-classifications-descriptions.
To view the status of your application, go tohttp://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go tohttp://coloradosprings.gov/jic
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $3,993.00 - $4,794.00 Monthly
Location: Airport - City of Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Classified - Full Time
Division (Level 4): Airport
Job Number: 13663
Closing: 7/13/2020 4:00 PM Mountain
Agency: City of Colorado Springs
Address: 30 South Nevada Avenue, Suite 301 Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80903
Phone: 719-385-5171 719-385-5171