ManTech Cyber Security Systems Security Engineer II (CSSE II) in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Cybersecurity System Security Engineer II
The System Security Engineer s primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting SMC and AFSPC acquisition programs. The position will provide “day-to-day support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities to meet NIST Cybersecurity requirements for system assessment & authorization.
Performance shall include:
• Support or lead a team of System Security Engineers and Certification and Accreditation Analysts responsible for ensuring the customer s national and international security interests are protected as acquisition systems are designed and tested
• Chair and or Co-Chair customer and SAP community IA working groups, participate in SSE IPT reviews
• Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of information system security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration with existing SAP network infrastructures
• Provides expert level consultation and technical services on all aspects of Information Security
• Review SSE related designs and provides security compliance recommendations
• Develop and provide IA risk management recommendations to the customer
• Provide SSE support for Mission and Training systems design and development
• Assist with development and maintenance of the Program Protection Plan & Cybersecurity Strategy
• Assist with site activation activities and design reviews
• Represent the Government Program Manager in various SSE related working groups, advisory groups, and advisory council meetings
• 8-10 years total experience, including minimum 4 years experience within SCI or SAR environment. Minimum 2 years of SAP relevant experience highly desired.
• Bachelor s degree in a related discipline or equivalent additional experience (4 years)
• Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 3 and Information Assurance Manager Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire
• Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
• Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
• Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
• Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate ICDs/JAFANs/DOD Manuals and other guiding policy documents
• Full understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG) processes for system accreditation, along with legacy (DITSCAP, DIACAP) processes
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
• Willingness to travel within the organizational Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
Requires Bachelor's degree (in field mathematics, telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science) or equivalent and seven to nine years related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.