Apogee Engineering HEMP - Sr. Systems Engineer - Colorado Springs, CO in Colorado Springs, Colorado
2016 SBA Prime Contractor of the Year, Region VIII
Apogee Engineering is seeking a HEMP Sr. Systems Engineer to support the 21st Space Wing HEMP Support contract at Peterson AFB in Colorado Springs, CO. The Systems Engineer will support the following activities: (1) provide program management support; (2) accomplish coordination activities; (3) provide technical documentation and policy support; (4) accomplish technical assessments/review of hardened facility modifications; (5) support meetings and status reporting.
Why work with us
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of federal government organizations. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide technical assessments and reviews of contractor schedules, functionality, risks, costs, and designs and provide recommendations to the contractors for improvement.
- Perform engineering assessment of HEMP plans to include frequency authorization requests (DD Form 1494), verification test plans and reports and provide status to 21 SW/PMD.
- Aid contractors for issues beyond their scope to help ensure all schedule, cost, and project completion impacts are resolved.
- Carefully track services contractors Statement of Work responsibilities and progress, develop white papers, trip reports, or emails to report status and potential risks to 21 SW/PMD,
- Provide engineering assessments of new RF/EM test system design and development as well as other recommended systems such as software tool solutions for HEMP testing.
- Analyze sustainment and upgrade programs supporting HQ AFSPC/HEMP hardened facilities conducted by 21 SW/PMD, SMC and the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) and provide recommendations to 21 SW/PMD.
What you'll need to have:
- At least 8 years of experience in the following areas:
- Experience in examining project plans and designs, HEMP technical data including frequency authorizations, test plans and reports.
- Working knowledge of MIL-STD and USSTRATCOM directives and application for HEMP HM/HS, upgrade and construction projects.
- Experience interacting with 21 SW/PMD HEMP protected missions and facilities.
- Experience with Air Force acquisition and lifecycle management regulations and instructions.
- Experience coordinating and interfacing with SMC and AFLCMC. HEMP HM/HS, construction, or upgrade experience
- Bachelor's Degree required in Engineering or other related technical field
- Master's Degree preferred
- TS/SCI Security Clearance Eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disabled/veteran
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Comprehensive benefit options upon hire
Job Start/End Date: 27-Nov-2018 to 26-Jan-2019 (MST)
Department: Air Force
Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Pay Rate: DOE
Pay Type: Salary
Employment Type: Full Time