Lockheed Martin Information System Security Officer (ISSO) in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Mid-career level member of a team of Classified Cybersecurity Professionals in support of multiple programs at Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) Colorado Springs.
The candidate must have experience with the development, implementation, and maintenance of Windows and Linux Servers/Clients, PC Desktops, network devices, supported applications, and/or Government-Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) solutions. Successful candidates will have a thorough understanding of the US Government system accreditation process under Risk Management Framework (RMF). This may include one or more of the following guidance directives: Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM), Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG), Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503, Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 8500.01, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-37, NIST SP 800-53, and Committee on National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI) 1253. The candidate will be responsible for systems security, testing, and system accreditation activities for multiple platforms. The candidate will apply information technology security principles and configure security settings, complete weekly system audits, scan and assist with security patches, and conduct media reviews. Assist in the development and implementation of government approved information security procedures and plans for the operation of multiple networked systems, and coordinate government agency approvals. Consult on the design, development, integration, and analysis of classified computing systems with the programs and Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM). Assist with self-inspection reviews. Assist in conducting comprehensive investigation of computer security incidents, coordinating with other organizations for expertise.
Mission requirements may require other than first-shift work. Other duties as assigned.
• Final Transferable Secret security clearance.
• Eligible for Top Secret clearance.
• Must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) and Secret Compartmentalized Information (SCI) access.
• DoD IAT Level II certification: CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security + CE, or SSCP is required before applying.
• Must maintain DoD 8570-M certification for the duration of your employment.
• Experience implementing DAAPM and/or NIST SP 800-53 security controls.
• Experience performing the continuous monitoring of system security controls.
• Ability to work independently without appreciable direction.
• DoD CSSP Auditor certification: CEH, CySA+, CISA, GSNA, CFR
• Prior ISSO/ISSM experience.
• Final Top Secret clearance.
• Experience with DoD GOTS Solutions such as ACAS, HBSS/ESS, and SCAP.
• Must be able to build and maintain effective team and customer relationships.
• Keen attention to detail and adherence to established security policies.
• Possess strong written and verbal communications, interpersonal relations, organizational, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.