Lockheed Martin Information Systems Security Network Administrator in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: Information Systems Security Network Administrator is responsible for the following:
•Daily operations, maintenance troubleshooting and growth of specific portions of multiple networks including dependent networks, remote connections as well as interfacing with end-users and system administrators to determine requirements and engineer appropriate solutions.
•Support classified network infrastructure upgrade projects, including planned upgrades to infrastructure switching systems, expansion and reconfiguration projects.
•Implement and secure data transmission solutions by deploying encryption systems to protect data on the classified LAN and WAN.
•Apply knowledge of TCP/IP protocols through various tools such as protocol analyzers to identify and solve complex network or system communication problems.
•Provide support for the tactical networks and simulation equipment suites based on coordination with baseline systems engineers supporting tactical test and simulation teams.
•Plan and design networks including; copper and fiber cabling, equipment racks, specify install and configure required network equipment.
•Coordinate and support large personnel moves between locations, coordinating with department representatives and facilities, scheduling, planning IP addressing, DNS/DHCP configurations and troubleshooting workstation connectivity issues.
•Domestic travel on an as required basis to support remote program labs.
•Maintain approved system configurations and security posture to ensure DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) compliance.
•Experience in planning technology refresh activities of network computing infrastructure based on advancements of new technology and DoD cybersecurity life cycle.
•Analyze requirements, create design packages, submit for peer review, obtain approvals, schedule outages, and coordinate the implementation.
•Ability to troubleshoot complex problems to meet service restoration and network availability and reliability objectives.
•Ability to recommend products and solutions to ensure secure systems deployment and provide information and cybersecurity engineering services.
•The ability and willingness to thoroughly document systems, configurations and procedures.
•Willingness to share knowledge and mentor team members.
Desired Skills: - Experience with Network Attached Storage (NAS) and cloud computing environments
- Experience with Cisco ISE, RADIUS and Cisco network protocols and related IOS/NXOS.
- Experience in the application of STIG settings to network computing infrastructure.
- Experience with firewalls, IDPSs and their related management appliances including but not limited to Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Cisco and McAfee Enterprise systems.
- Experience in the design of switching and routing protocols.
- Experience in the design of highly scalable and highly reliable LAN switching systems.
- Familiarity with IP telephony and integration into existing IP network infrastructure.
- System and network experience with Microsoft Windows, UNIX and Linux.
- Experience with network analysis and benchmarking tools such as protocol analyzers, sniffers, etc.
- Familiarity in the design of network physical layer facilities, including specification of copper wiring and fiber optic cabling, physical security, power, and cooling requirements.
- Experience in the design implementation, configuration and maintenance of enterprise classified network computing infrastructure including but not limited to: Ethernet switches, routers, firewalls, IDPS and physical switching systems.
- Must have experience with Cisco switching devices
- Must have experience with Cisco routing devices
- 5 -10 years of experience including increasing responsibility for network implementation projects in large production environments.
- Understanding of all audit and security requirements imposed by Defense Security Services (DSS) NISPOM/Risk Management Framework (RMF), and DIACAP security requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to apply RMF requirements to an environment
- Use of network monitoring tools such as ACAS
- Must possess a cybersecurity certification such as Security+ or CISSP.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications to maintain project schedules, network diagrams, and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must have a Top Secret Security Clearance with investigation within the past 5
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.