Lockheed Martin Network Engineer - Juniper SME in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: Do you want to build on your career and make a collaborative impact as a S8.2 Network Engineer Juniper Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Colorado Springs, Colorado?
This role requires travel to remote locations to perform network installations in accordance with Program configuration management processes, independently perform troubleshooting, and provide status updates to Program personnel.
Specific responsibilities include integrating, testing, sustaining, and operating C2BMC networks. Be embedded with the network design team in Virginia supporting lab-based development and integration testing.
Join our winning team!
HERE ARE SOME OF LOCKHEED MARTIN'S EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical), Dental, 401k (with generous matching), Paid time off including, (we have a 4x10 schedule which means: 52 three-day weekends!).
*Must currently possess at least a Secret DoD security clearance to be considered for this position*
- Juniper (SME) with a Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP) certification at a minimum; (JNCIE certification highly preferred)
- Proficient level experience and knowledge of Juniper network design and testing methodologies using Juniper routers, switches, and firewalls
- Solid understanding of JUNOS, TCP/IP behavior, network communications and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP)
- Proven network traffic analysis, troubleshooting, and automated test and delivery experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio drawing tools
- Able to work collaboratively in a creative team environment with other highly motivated network engineers
- Prior C2BMC network experience are highly desired
- Knowledge, skill sets or experience in protocol analyzers and sniffers capabilities (Wireshark, ACELive), DoD authentication & encryption methods/capabilities (Taclane, TACACS+, RADIUS, GEMX), and Network Management Systems (HPOV, NeuralStar, Solarwinds NPM/NCM) or NAS/SAN technologies (NetApp, Sun)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.