Vectrus Senior Project Scheduler in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Project Scheduler is responsible for working closely with technical experts/project leads and project managers in creating and managing project schedules. Work closely with others in linking critical activities across multiple projects. Creating and publishing high level integrated master schedules.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Coordinates and tracks multiple key projects and tasks.
- Performs as a lead scheduler while assisting department with special projects.
- Establishes, tracks, and reports project control metrics and key performance indicator(s).
- Establish and manages Earned Value Management system, processes, and reporting
- Manages project budgets, and tracks budgets vs actual costs across multiple project work streams.
- Maintains a resource loaded and networked program schedule for on-going and special projects that can be utilized to analyze resource allocations, mission completion dates, and “what if” analysis.
- Tracks and updates personnel and projects progress and critical path on a daily basis.
- Creates tracking reports for various levels of management.
- Coordinates project schedules and recommends appropriate lead-lag times.
- Plans workload for multiple project management teams and de-conflicts resources.
- Provides forward looking schedule analysis to Leadership.
- Interfaces between Senior Management and Lead Project Coordinators to gather data and adjust scheduling parameters.
- Contributes to program proposal preparation efforts.
- Works with project subcontractors to communicate scheduled task and schedule variances.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Use of computers with Microsoft software products (e.g. Excel, Word, Project, and Power Point) as well as other scheduling software. Use of printers, calculator, FAX machine, copy machine and other general office equipment.
Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
. 15- 20% travel anticipated.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
·High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree desired.
·Five (5) years of experience working as a Project Scheduler for several projects simultaneously. Fives (5) years of MS Project.
·Advanced skills using MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, advanced skills using MS Project and proficiency with EVMS tool(s).
·Strong organizational and communication skills.
Title: Senior Project Scheduler
Location: CO-Colorado Springs
Requisition ID: VEC000468
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.