Jacobs Software Configuration Specialist-NISSC II in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Software Configuration Specialist-NISSC II
Jacobs is seeking aqualified Software Configuration Specialistto support thenewly awarded NISSCIIcontract. Your career at Jacobs enablesNISSCto fulfill its mission to “provide classified communications and processing for Commandand Control (C2) capability in organizational work centers at NISSC sites.” As a member of our team, you will supportcorporateand customer missionto provide world-class ITservices and support that connectssystems andusersacross NORADin the areas of softwaredevelopment/maintenance, network services,cybersecurity,systems administration, andothermission-critical areas
Develops, maintains, and evaluates complex engineering computer systems. Performs coding, testing, installing, and maintaining engineering computer programs having features including multiplicity of function, critical constraints, and elaborate input/output.
Develops computer program documentation and operational procedures. Prepares project resource estimates, schedules, and cost analyses. Provides diagnostic support to correct processing anomalies in complex computer programs. Assists in the preparation of specifications and other activities that require knowledge of programming principles and techniques. Interprets requirements and perform analyses to ensure that objectives are met. Assists in the training of less experienced personnel.
- Requires a BS degree in a related scientific, or engineering discipline and 5 to 8 years of progressive experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training, and certifications.
- Secret with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Most work will be done at adesk or computer.
- General Office environment. Thework environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadlinepressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork andcooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across theCompany and Customers.
Equipment and Machines:
- General office equipmentincluding PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and othermiscellaneous office equipment.
- Attendance is critical at all times. Mustbe able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However,times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to beavailable to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet lastminute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able tocommunicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position andmust not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must putforward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotesteamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels ofthe organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with theability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must workwell under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel asneeded. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motorvehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs-20370-CCO1
Job Type Experienced
Req ID: AER000521