Oracle Software Developer 4 in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
This is a remote/office based position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Exadata technology is the newest innovation in Oracle's history as the provider of the industry's number one database technology.This product created an entire industry product segment called Engineered Systems and has very strong revenue growth. The product has the highest levels of visibility at Oracle.The Oracle Exadata imaging team is responsible for the installation and configuration of all aspects of the Exadata Database Machine which is named as Oracle’s most successful new product.The imaging team builds solutions to manage the entire IT stack from storage, to networking, to cpu, ILOM firmware and switches.In addition to on premise customers, Exadata is in the Oracle Public Cloud and in Oracle’s Cloud @ Customer offerings and all Oracle autonomous cloud frameworks.
• Take a leadership role in incorporating new features in Exadata tailored to the autonomous Oracle Cloud.
• Roughly 80-95% hands-on coding and feature design
• Design and implement infrastructure software which is scalable, available, fault tolerant in the presence of software and hardware component failures.
• Design and implement solutions for lifecycle management of the entire IT stack
• Work in a fast paced, rapidly growing team.
• Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 5 years of system software development experience. The preferred languages are Python, Bash, Java, Perl.
• Strong knowledge Operating systems
• Knowledge of clusterware and database administration is a plus
• Motivation/expertise to debug complex problems.
• Storage experience is a plus
Job: *Product Development
Title: Software Developer 4
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 210007GU