Lockheed Martin Software Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: Join Lockheed Martin as a Software Engineer on the C2BMC program in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
• Conduct software development in the Java language for the Enterprise Services team
• Be responsible for performing in-depth analysis and technical support of systems software products, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support
• Maintain currency, debug and configure related software products
• Work from specifications to develop or modify operating systems applications
• Assist with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs
• Interface with other system support groups to resolve problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the operating system
• Design, code, test and implement tools for operations automation
• Work on most phases of software systems programming applications, and may require instruction and guidance
**Active DoD SECRET Clearance**
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree
- Software engineering and software development with Java/JEE experience
- Experience and knowledge of basic software practices such as coding standards and configuration management
- Use of common software development and management tools such as git, Nexus, JIRA, Confluence and Eclipse
- Good verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to work independently and will possess the poise and flexibility required to work in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience developing enterprise applications
- Familiarity with Java foundation classes and tool kits
- Knowledge of server side/database development and computer system administration
- Command and control system application development
- Experience with Software Integration testing including developing automated test scripts
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to review performance issues, identify root cause, recommend and develop a solution
- Security+ certification would be a plus
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams
- Experience working as part of an Agile team
- Flexibility and willingness to take on unanticipated tasking is highly desirable
- Good working knowledge of MS Office products
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.