TEKsystems SQL DBA **Clearance Required!* in Colorado Springs, Colorado
A TEKsystems DoD client is seeking a Database Administrator to provide support as needed to the US Army Space and Missile Defense Command (USASMDC), Capability Development Integration Directorate (CDID) government personnel for efforts associated with innovations for Space, Near Space, Space Control, Missile Defense Capabilities and information operations to the Warfighter. Supports, as needed, US Army Space and Missile Defense Command Capability Development Integration Directorate (CDID) government personnel for efforts associated with innovations for Space, Near Space, Space Control, Missile Defense Capabilities and information operations to the Warfighter.
• Provides expert knowledge to ensure database integrity, dataflow, and replications.
• Responsible for performance monitoring, database tuning identification and correction of performance bottlenecks.
• Collaborates with software engineers, security administration, computer operations, network management, and system administrators to ensure quality and integrity of databases, application software, and data.
• Develops and implements procedures for identification and resolution of complex database-related anomalies.
• Leads all database troubleshooting.
BS Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree with proven record of experience. Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, with keen attention to detail.
• Active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain DoD Top Secret / SCI Clearance
• 2 DoD 8570 IAT II (CompTIA Security + CE) or higher
• Have one of the following certifications or equivalent MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration / MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014 / MCSE: Data Management and Analytics
• Experience working within the parameters detailed via DISA STIGs
• Understanding of the solution life cycle from inception to operation
• Strong technical documentation skills both in written and diagram form
• Ability to influence others and identify best solutions among many stakeholders
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
• Ability to establish and track metrics related to key performance objectives and service levels
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skill and strong problem-solving skills
• Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience installing, operating and maintaining SQL Server 2012, 2016 and 2019 in a virtualized or cloud environment.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure Cloud Services.
• Knowledge of database solutions for Amazon Web Services and/or Azure Cloud Services.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Service (IIS).
DOD Top Secret Security Clearance (can upgrade from Secret), must be eligible for SCI.
GovCloud, VM, Wireshark, Visual Studio Automated Testing, clearance, Sql, Database administrator, Sql server, IIS
Top Skills Details:
SQL Server 2012 or higher administration
• Knowledge of database solutions for Amazon Web Services and/or Azure Cloud Services
3 IIS knowledge
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.