TEKsystems SQL Server DBA in Colorado Springs, Colorado
TEKsystems is looking for a Senior SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) provides guidance to ensure all team requirements are successful and workload is efficiently balanced. Maintain database servers in a high available, multi production server environment. Day to day job responsibilities includes performance monitoring, & tuning, deployment, installation, service pack updated, database backup & recovery. DBA also supports the development team on SQL coding best practices, query optimization and setting up the development environment. Installing the SQL Server database instances in all environments including but not limited to development, QA and Production -Supporting the SQL Server databases and ensuring their performance, availability, security and recoverability. Pro-actively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime. Performing database monitoring and working with development teams throughout the project lifecycle on recommendations on database index optimization and SQL query design. Responsible for implementation and release of database changes as submitted by the development team. Responsible for security and non-security patches based on approved maintenance schedules The SQL Server DBA provides engineering and O&M support of a large scale enterprise environment.
• Senior system administrator working with team members to ensure all requirements are
delivered in an efficient, highly productive manner.
• Provide technical support for the day-to-day SQL Server activities of the organization.
• Provide technical Support for chartered Projects, e.g. Security Remediation, Disaster Recovery.
• Coordinate changes to SQL Server (versions 2008 and 2012) and SQL Server Service Packs and Hotfixes.
• Implement database changes to improve performance and security.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard databases.
• Measure database performance and troubleshoot complex database issues.
• Configure and monitor interfaces with other systems.
• Configure and maintain system databases, user databases and server instances.
• Configure and maintain schema, tables, views, functions, triggers and indexes.
• Configure and manage system and database user IDs and group permissions.
• Configure and manage database backups and recoveries.
• Efficient at T-SQL and Batch scripting.
• Review procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database.
• Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
• Ability to work on individual tasks, as well as team-oriented tasks.
• Ability to prioritize competing priorities.
• Ability to work under a cross-matrix management structure.
• Required to be on-call and respond in a timely manner.
The SQL Server Database Administrator is a lead role responsible for providing technical support for the day-to-day SQL Server activities of the organization. Also, providing technical Support for chartered Projects, e.g. Security Remediation, Disaster Recovery The SQL Server Database Administrator shall also be responsible for team and project leadership, as needed.
The SQL Server DBA has a minimum of five years experience in configuration, security, failover, and optimization of databases. Ideal candidate is also be a quick learner; must be able to adapt to quickly evolving technology and priority changes; and have a desire to work closely with other members of the Systems, Data Management, Operations and Development teams.
Sql Server, DBA, security, 2012, T-sql, 2008, hotfixes, schema, tables, triggers
Top Skills Details:
SQL Server systems administrator experience
Coordinate changes to SQL Server (versions 2008 and 2012) and SQL Server
Service Packs and Hotfixes.
Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard databases
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Ability to work on individual tasks, as well as team‐oriented tasks
• Ability to prioritize competing priorities
• Ability to work under a cross‐matrix management structure
• Required to be on‐call and respond in a timely manner
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.