Microchip Technology Sr. Engineer I-Verification in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Microchip offers a comprehensive portfolio of semiconductor and system solutions for data center, communications, aerospace and defense, and industrial markets. Microchip’s Data Center Solutions Business Unit (DCS) offers industry leading performance, reliability, and security for Smart Storage Controllers, RAID Controllers, SAS/SATA IO Controllers, SAS Expanders, PCIe Switches, and NVME Controllers.
As an ASIC development engineer in the Microchip Data Center Solutions group, you will get hands-on experience developing our next generation of storage and memory controller SOC products. This will involve taking a design from initial concept to production form. Throughout you will work beside experienced engineers and be exposed to Microchip’s Best-In-Class engineering practices. Working side-by-side with some of the brightest minds and most innovative people in the industry, you won't just fill a position, you will be given an opportunity to work on a team where your contributions matter. As a ASIC Development Engineer, you will be responsible for verification of digital integrated circuits at the block level, top level, and/or solution level. You will be challenged and encouraged to discover the power of innovation. Microchip fosters continuous learning in a challenging and rewarding environment. If this sounds like the kind of environment you'd like to participate in, we'd like to hear from you!
• Develop and execute verification test plans to verify complex digital integrated circuits (100K to 10M+ gates) using coverage metrics and constrained random-driven verification techniques.
• Design, implement and maintain verification test benches and bus-functional models in System Verilog using best-in-class verification methodologies such as UVM.
• Track down bugs and technical problems and work with the design team to ensure timely resolution.
• Read and understand applicable protocol standards.
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with 3 to 5 years of related experience.
• Excellent analytical and debugging skills and the ability to proactively solve issues.
• Excellent teamwork and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
• Experience with scripting language and strong programming skills.
• Some verification or testing experience required. Digital design knowledge is required.
• Knowledge of System Verilog and UVM/OVM is an asset.
• Working knowledge with verification tools such as Cadence NC-Sim, waveform viewers, and other similar tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Applicants with Disabilities
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here with "Applicant Accommodation Request" in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-730-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.