Lockheed Martin Windows Systems Administrator (entry level) in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This Systems Administrator position supports the GPS Control Segment Sustainment program in Colorado Springs.
The position provides Windows system administration services and will be primarily responsible for maintaining customer/user laptops and development lab systems.
The following abilities are required:
• Apply required security patches
• Ability to provide “after hours” and weekend support, as required
• User account management/active directory management
• Management of log files
• Perform system diagnostics, troubleshoot problems, and systems documentation
Typically has 0 - 3 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience with Windows operating systems (Windows 10)
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or 2016
• Experience with patching Windows Operating Systems
• Candidate must have or be able to obtain Security+ certification.
• Knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to work with other functional areas, both internal and external
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and team building skills
• At a minimum, an active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Scripting experience
• Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, and/or related hardware and software.
• Self-starter and proactive performer
• Experience with GPS Programs
• Experience authoring user work instructions
• Stays current with technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.