Frontier Airlines Analyst, Business Technical in Denver, Colorado
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The Technical Business Analyst II works proactively with business units, technology partners and development teams to create and maintain technical solutions for commercial, operational control, and back office functions. The Analyst may also need to provide project management for solutions with limited scope. Documents and reports project status to directors and managers. The Analyst will document business processes and technical requirements using analytical skills to help develop best practices as well as designing future improvements to systems. The Analyst can train and assist Support Services and users on solution as well as existing and new technologies.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) by learning the business user functions, organization and role in the enterprise as well as industry best practices.
- Analyze, identify, and document through either Change Requests or New Project forms specifications for solution development and/or software enhancement.
- Assist with documentation for testing, implementation and support for business solution, application and/or software enhancement.
- Coordinate the corresponding system software changes with Configuration Management.
- Performs necessary investigation, analysis and evaluation to determine project feasibility.
- Utilizes business process and data analytics to assist organization in achieving goals of reducing costs, improving efficiencies and increasing revenues.
- Work with the assigned department on business integrations.
- Process new software releases and/or patches and documentation for Configuration Management, Infrastructure and Support Services.
- Perform regular application, systems and data administration tasks, monitor results and resolve discrepancies in applications program.
- Train or assist training staff as needed.
- Other duties dependent on department needs.
- Bachelors’ degree in business analysis, information systems, business administration or a related major; or equivalent technical business analyst experience
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in addition to a college degree will be a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with (at least 2 years) enterprise application integration requirement including transactional databases and field mapping
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Motivated self-starter, with good overall documentation and communication skills,
- Proficiency in Microsoft productivity tools such as Visio, Project and Excel
- Possess strong technical skills to be able to coordinate with all areas of technology and the technical business units.
- Experience and/or interest in developing requirements or user stories for new application implementations, SDLC projects and business process improvement
- Familiarity with both waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
- Good knowledge of requirements gathering, diagraming and process documentation
- Requires focus on timelines and deliverables; willing to occasionally work over 40 hours a week or on weekends and evenings
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and share that knowledge with other team members
- Ability to support IT objectives within the business environment
- Ability to analyze and explain business processes and provide guidance in selecting technological solutions
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and fast paced team environment
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Requisition Number: 18-0174
Post Date: 8/13/2018
Title: Analyst, Business Technical