University of Denver Associate Director of Data Strategy and Constituent Relationship Management, Daniels College of Business in Denver, Colorado
The University is located in Denver, Colorado, a city known for its dynamic blend of business, innovation and world-class recreation. Denver is consistently ranked by Forbes and Kiplinger's Magazine as one of the top cities for young professionals and recent college graduates. The University of Denver is a private institution founded in 1864. It serves a population of more than 5,200 undergraduate and 6,200 graduate students as a research-intensive institution. The beautiful campus is located approximately seven miles from downtown with easy access to public transportation.
With a long tradition of excellence and innovation, the Daniels College of Business prepares students to succeed in a dynamic, changing world. We are a high-achieving community of students, staff and faculty that inspires one another to think in new ways, perform at higher levels, and transform organizations and communities. Daniels is ranked among the top business schools and is the only business school in Colorado to receive rankings and recognition from BusinessWeek, the Financial Times, U.S. News & World Report and Forbes. The Daniels College of Business (DCB) offers a variety of baccalaureate, graduate, PhD and certificate programs which are detailed at https://daniels.du.edu/
The University of Denver, Daniels College of Business, is seeking to fill a newly created role of Associate Director of Data Strategy and Constituent Relationship Management (CRM). This position will lead the College in leveraging data to the benefit of our many stakeholders, enabling operational efficiencies and empowering leadership, staff and faculty to make data-driven decisions. In addition, this position is accountable for the management and oversight of the Colleges CRM implementation (currently Salesforce) including the design, deployment and support of all modifications. This position reports to the Dean of the College.
- Collaborate with the Dean to develop a strategic data vision for the College to leverage college-wide data in operations and decision-making.
- Working closely with University IT, create an implementation plan to execute the strategic vision.
- Establish data governance protocols, processes and procedures; ensure implementation and adoption of these standards to achieve high levels of data quality and trust.
- Collaborate with College leadership to facilitate adoption of new data-driven capabilities across units.
- Build meaningful relationships across the College and University and within University IT to collaboratively design a data architecture for the College CRM system that meets the needs of divergent stakeholder groups and interoperates with other key systems in the College and University.
- Manage budget for rollout of College-wide CRM system, identifying opportunities for efficiency and ensuring compliance
- with University policies.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for Colleges CRM system and any current and future integrated tools and processes.
- Continuously engage with stakeholders across the College to evaluate needs and opportunities for CRM capabilities.
- Develop and maintain CRM training materials and provide ongoing training to various stakeholders across College.
- Stay current on trends impacting national and international higher education data and CRM systems, particularly as it relates to business schools.
- Maintain and advance proficiency, certifications and current knowledge of Salesforce and corresponding technologies.
- Build and manage relationships with vendors and service providers as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to quickly learn technical tools and apply them to new use cases and environments.
- Ability to explain technical concepts effectively to a variety of stakeholders and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and make recommendations to senior leadership.
- Knowledge of higher education business processes, including student recruitment, admissions, donor relations and stewardship, career services and corporate relations.
- Ability to build partnerships within the College and across the University working with a high level of professionalism.
- Demonstrated independent and forward thinking.
- Ability to problem-solve effectively.
- Process-oriented thinking and careful attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a wide variety of tasks and effectively prioritize responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5 years of general business experience.
- 5 years of progressive expertise in CRM, constituent experience and analytics processes and systems.
- 3 years of program or project management experience.
- 3 years of progressive experience developing and executing complex data strategies in functionally diverse organizations.
- 3 years of experience working in higher education.
- Master's degree.
- 1 year of experience managing people.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Certifications: Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Platform App Builder.
- Familiarity with higher education technology solutions such as 12twenty, Slate, Ellucian Advance, Banner.
Work Schedule Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Application Deadline For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, April 16th, 2021.
Special Instructions Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number The salary grade for the position is 10.
Salary Range The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $75,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
Benefits The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application: 1. Resume 2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.
Job no: 493635
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Business Operations / Services, Admin / Executive / Office Support
Advertised: April 05, 2021
Applications close: Open until filled