Comcast Eng 3, Software Dev & Engineering (SDET) in Denver, Colorado
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for validating product quality by analyzing and testing the
quality of the codebase. Makes decisions affecting architecture of the
test codebase including which software to use for writing test code.
Focuses on writing code that will be executed in an automated and
repeatable fashion which will reduce manual testing efforts and increase
code quality and consistency. Develops and maintains code that validates
front-end, middleware, and database systems, using the latest tools and
common programming languages. Provides input into various software
development lifecycle stages. Partners with software engineers to write
efficient automation code using coding standards and best practices.
Executes automated code and creates comprehensive execution reports for
team. Repairs complex broken automation scripts, and performs peer
reviews of automation codebase. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and
skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts
as resource and mentor for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Write automated test code, using the same standards as a Software
Engineer , that allows for repeatable, reliable testing solutions to
test the wide functionality of products and software, maintaining
automation codebase in a version control system (GIT, SVN). May include
creating simple SQL queries for validation of databases and / or writing
SOAP and RESTful API automated scripts.
- Create automated testing documentation, including Test Plans, Test
Summary Reports, etc.
- Execute automated test scripts, and presents results to team.
- Analyze broken test cases and diagnose and repair to working order.
- Perform code reviews of automation scripts and front-end codebases.
-Diagnose and repair simple bugs within production code.
- Serve as a guide and mentor for junior-level engineers. Provides
technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices,
procedures and techniques.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer