DaVita Financial Analyst,Senior I in Denver, Colorado
The Senior Analyst will work as part of our high impact Commercial Innovation and ACO team, engaging as a thought partner and analytical powerhouse for both designing and implementing new commercial growth opportunities.
The Commercial Innovation and ACO team focuses on one of DaVita Medical Group’s primary growth engines, the commercial insurance market and ACOs, where we both partner with payors in designing geographic-specific products, and implement the operational framework to effectively optimize care for members under these products.
This high visibility role will engage with senior leadership across our Southern California market. The team will look to the Senior Analyst to pose the right questions and structure the analytical framework to address issues ranging from building the economic framework for new commercial products and our ACOs to partnering in developing and managing the clinical benchmarks for operations.
The Senior Analyst should expect to develop expertise across product design, implementation, and operating, and build a broad network of subject matter experts both within and outside of the Village.
· Provide quantitative and analytical support to the Commercial Innovation and ACO team
· End-to-end leadership on projects with support from colleagues and manager
· Pose the right questions and structure analytical frameworks to address those questions
· Use SQL to query databases and surface insights from large sets of data
· Build and quality control complex financial and predictive models
· Collaborate with other teams to implement operational initiatives
· A “can do” attitude around problem solving
· Clearly synthesize insights and recommendations to team, both verbally and via PowerPoint
· Must be willing to stretch “up” and “down” in responsibilities
Requirements / Qualifications
· 3+ years of total work experience required
· Bachelor’s Degree with an analytical emphasis preferred (e.g., Engineering, Sciences, Finance, Economics, Applied Mathematics)
· Prior experience in the healthcare industry, preferably with a health plan
· Understanding of the managed care industry as it pertains to insurance, physician groups, hospitals, risk contracting, and incentive arrangements
· In-depth knowledge of various types of contractual relationships payors may have with providers including global risk, capitation, and risk-sharing arrangements
· Conversational knowledge of key clinical metrics for optimizing performance, and an understanding in the drivers to manage them
· Ability to create detailed financial and operational models; SQL, VBA, and other programming skills desired, willingness to learn required
· High level of proficiency with both Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong attention to detail and comfort working with numbers
· Refined written and oral communications skills
· Personal values in line with DaVita’s values of service excellence, integrity, team, continuous improvement, accountability, fulfillment, and fun.