Builders FirstSource Manager BI Development Info Systems in Denver, Colorado
Manager BI Development Info Systems
Denver Admin Office - 7595 Technology Way (80237), Denver, Colorado, United States of AmericaReq #9006
Thursday, September 6, 2018
This role is responsible for managing data integration services for the enterprise analytics program. Responsible for integrating data with the MDM component of the enterprise analytics program. In addition, this role is responsible for program/project management activities for new development, enhancements and operational support of the enterprise analytics platform.
Responsible for all aspects of the planning, development and implementation of large, highly complex, platform initiatives. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation by defining project scope and objectives, developing work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. In addition, conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Proactively manages IT data warehouse initiatives, including overall development cycle planning, scope, change control, risks, issues, impacts, and reporting through standardization and best practice implementation.
• Provides project management and direction to ensure overall success of assigned initiatives by developing project implementation plans including scope of project, project goals, scheduling and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management and program sponsorship.
• Develops an appropriate implementation plan that focuses on current and future prioritized objectives, TCO and compliance with Enterprise standards.
• Defines project success criteria, in collaboration with management and project sponsors. Manages changes in project scope, identifies potential risks and devises contingency plans.
• Determines and assesses need for additional staff and/or consultants and works with and retains outside service providers where needed to complete IT projects.
• Review functional requirements and designs. Ensure that designs are architecturally compliant, correspond to the data warehouse best practices and represent the best solution for the business need.
• Coordinates production processing issue resolution, and other data warehouse issues impacting users, as well as assisting the team to resolve technical challenges and completing root cause analysis.
• Collaborates to develop, and appropriately executes, a communication strategy, including stakeholder analysis, ongoing communications and adoption plans.
• Ensures adherence to best practices and establishes policies and procedures to ensure integrity and quality of projects; develops standards and processes as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Responsible for direct management for a technical team specializing in data acquisition and ETL processing for the data warehouse platform
• Manages assigned employees including staff selection and training; planning, assigning and directing work; conducting performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
• Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
• Six (6) years of experience in data warehouse and business intelligence programs or related field
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Subject matter expert (SME) in all aspects of development methodologies, data architecture, data warehouses and BI analytics
• Experience in working with all aspects of IT infrastructure (networking, storage, databases, security, etc.)
• Experience directly managing technical team resources
• Excellent knowledge of current data warehousing technologies
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills including presentation and facilitation
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Strong ability to use tact and skill in dealing with other staff, management and vendors
• Excellent organization skills including prioritizing tasks in a high-pressure, unpredictable environment
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) desired
• Strong knowledge and experience in the following:
− Various databases and database concepts: RDBMS, XML, SQL Server, performance tuning, data architecture, etc.
− ETL development tools: SSIS, Informatica
− Operating systems: Windows and Linux
− Development methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, etc.
− Open source data solutions: Python, Kafka, etc.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com . Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree