Lumen Manager Business Intelligence - Greater Denver, CO in DENVER, Colorado
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Manager of Business Intelligence plays a critical role on the Financial Intelligence team by leading a team of developers and analysts with responsibility for the architecture, development, testing, and documentation of complex Business Intelligence (BI) solutions that support a wide range of functions and stakeholders within the larger Finance organization. This leader will come ready with strong stakeholder management skills, the ability to engage across multiple workstreams simultaneously, and a wide range of experience that allows them to flex across both technical IT partner engagements and functional business solutions. Finally, this individual will be the champion of maintaining a culture of high performance, collaboration, learning, and fun.
The Main Responsibilities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead a team of four to five individual contributors through analysis, design, and delivery activities to ensure consistently successful project outcomes
• Provide technical guidance and conduct reviews of project deliverables to ensure quality and adherence to documented standards
• Collaborate with IT and Finance peers to determine appropriate Level(s) of Effort, guide development workflows, and ensure that new functionality meets business objectives
• Champion a BI reporting environment that will be used internally by Finance BI teams and that provides a shared service platform for financial reporting, Data Governance, and reporting standardization.
• Support ongoing business critical processes and reporting for the executive leadership team; nights, weekends, and occasional on-call support may be necessary
• Be results driven by ensuring a good balance between short-term goals and the long-term strategic initiatives
• Coach others and provide on-going and real-time feedback to support and improve performance
• Contribute to the overall performance evaluation process, including setting annual goals, defining career development plans, and providing detailed annual reviews
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ability to interact and influence across all organizational levels on technical or business solutions
• Proven ability to lead and drive organizational and cultural change as well as build and develop a high functioning team
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities that demand rigorous attention to detail
• Substantial leadership experience with information management solutions and end-to-end development life-cycle support and SDLC processes
• Ability to operate in a SQL driven environment and review and provide critical feedback to front line developers; SQL development skills must be ninja level
• Experience with multiple technology implementation methodologies (Agile, waterfall, DevOps, ITIL)
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, management systems or related discipline
• Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated is required
• 5+ years of experience with the Microsoft BI Stack (Visual Studio, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) to deliver advanced BI and Data solutions
• In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) frameworks
• 5 + years of experience writing advanced SQL queries and stored procedures as well as applied relational data modeling
• Project management experience
• Strong ability to translate business requirements into technical terms
• Possess the ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems logically and systematically
• Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategic BI roadmaps that blend best in class technologies to produce a near seamless data and reporting experience
• Experience with any of the following tools: PowerBI, Tableau, Essbase, OneStream, SAP HANA
• Experience in Master Data Management techniques and business driven Data Governance practices
• Knowledge of telecommunication industry
• Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling
• Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate across organizational boundaries
• Experience in designing and delivering a security model
• Exceptional attention to detail and drive to delivery
• Knowledge of cloud computing platforms
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 243657
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.