Comcast Performance Quality Engineering Architect 4 - 3875 in Denver, Colorado
Responsible for validating product quality by analyzing and testing the
quality of the code base. Focuses on writing code that will be executed
in an automated and repeatable fashion which will reduce manual testing
efforts and increase code quality and consistency. Develops and
maintains code that validates front-end, middleware, and database
systems, using the latest tools and programming languages. Provides
input into various software development lifecycle stages. Partners with
software engineers to write efficient automation code using coding
standards and best practices. Reports test execution results to senior
leadership. Repairs complex broken automation scripts, and performs peer
reviews of automation codebase. Integrates knowledge of business and
functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and
crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
Drive results and growth
Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Write and edit complex, automated test code, using the same standards
as a Software Engineer, that allows for repeatable, reliable testing
solutions to test the wide functionality of products and software in
accordance with specifications and technical requirements, maintaining
automation codebase in a version control system (GIT, SVN). This may
include creating complex SQL queries for validation of databases and
writing SOAP and RESTful API automated scripts.
- Build new tools to assist in faster test automation and functional
testing efforts, and innovate on existing automation processes.
- Serve as a guide and mentor for junior-level engineers. Provides
technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices,
procedures and techniques.
- Review project progress, evaluates results and recommends corrections
in technical applications and analysis to executive teams.
Perform code reviews of automation scripts and front-end codebases.
Work closely with Test Engineers and Development teams to build test
script hooks that help in earlier and easier testing.
Analyze broken test cases and diagnose and repair to working order.
Diagnose and repair complex bugs within production code.
-Drive scrum meetings as ScrumMaster, perform backlog grooming, and
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer