Black & Veatch Project Controls Sr Associate in Denver, Colorado
Project Controls Sr Associate
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
The Project Controls Sr Associate position will be assigned to either a role in Scheduling/Planning or Cost Engineering or a combination. Under appropriate supervision, the incumbent performs routine project controls assignments according to training, capability and experience. In addition to performing duties as assigned, this position will be primarily focused on seeking responsibility in the areas of scheduling, costing, and concepts related to the industry technology and project management. Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Understand B&V functional organizations and interfaces. Understand constructability concepts. Assists with project forecasting.
• Assists in preparation of summary schedule.
Analyze schedule data and report integrity issues, past due tasks, and upcoming due dates
• Assists in schedule fragnet preparation and resource loading.
• Prepares & maintains productivity reports. (PES)
• Assists in critical path and float analysis.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Requires a four-year Bachelor’s degree or local equivalent in Engineering or Construction Management or nontechnical Bachelor’s degree with business and computer software courses plus one (1) years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office experience,
(5) years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Ability to rapidly change priorities
• Problem Solving
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Computer skills: Must have advance Excel skills, Microsoft Office, Access, Database Concepts and Scheduling Software if assigned to scheduling work.
• Basic verbal and written communications skills: Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with project teams.
• Basic process execution: Understand transformation of data to information – Ability to visualize how data can be transformed into information in the production of project controls reports for use by project teams
• Business systems maintenance: Understanding of how project controls issues relate to other company functions such as project accounting, procurement, QAQC, etc.
Scheduling Experience / Advanced MS Excel Skills / Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.