Fiserv Project Manager, Advisory in Denver, Colorado
About the Role:
• DNA Project Managers are invaluable leaders within our business in coordinating the implementation of complex projects completed by our Fiserv team.
• Project Managers should be inspiring leaders who are well organized, decisive, multi taskers that can balance a project timeline, budget and overall scope of a project while overseeing the completion of the individual tasks assigned to their team.
• Fiserv Project Managers enjoy the flexibility of working on a variety of projects and relish in the benefits and satisfaction of bringing their assigned projects to a successful completion.
About our Business:
DNA from Fiserv offers financial services organizations account processing platforms to streamline operations, quickly adapt to changing business needs and manage relationships in real-time and through all channels. The DNA Project Management Team manages DNA Data Conversions, Mergers and Acquisitions as well as DNA Migration Projects.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• The purpose of the Project Manager’s job is to ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery. The Project Manager will plan, coordinate, and monitor medium to large sized scope and budget projects. The Project Manager will partner with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful start-up and completion of a project. Projects typically impact a single business unit or functional area. The Senior Project Manager is expected to work under moderate supervision with oversight provided by the Project Management Office management team.
• Ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery
• Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in project planning activities, including but not limited to: Defining the overall scope of the project; Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline/schedule highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for project activities; Identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure on-going control of the project (E.g., Kick off meeting, overall Project Management Approach, Communication Plan, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.)
• Define project governance, outlining roles, responsibilities, decision rights and clearly defined escalation path
• Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected project outcomes
• Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout project
• Proactively communicate the project’s progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project lifecycle. Provide leadership and key stakeholders with the information and venues to make effective, timely decisions
• Knowledgeable about how the organizations work; knows how to get things done through formal channels and the informal network. Understands the culture of organizations.
• Manage third party relationships involved in the overall implementation project to include scheduling activities, maintaining budget control and insuring deliverables are properly defined and completed on schedule.
• Communicate all changes to schedule and scope on a timely basis.
• Education – Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work experience accompanied with a High School Diploma/GED.
• Certifications - PMP certification preferred or willingness to work toward attainment of PMP certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
• Minimum five plus years managing Credit Union or Bank software implementation or conversion projects.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in project management processes and methodologies, as well as, project lifecycles
• Experience working in a client facing role.
• Experience in banking, financial services, and/or software industries desired
• Experience in driving medium to large size projects within an organization